ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty sure my cat is clogged, I have a cherrybomb glass pack laying around - would this work decent in place? As far as like, obviously taking up that space plus also more quiet than a test pipe.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in PA. never had em check under my car. Plus this glasspack is already paid for. :-D

GLOBAL WARMING FTW.

·
CR.net Supporter
3,190 Posts
I say better safe than sorry, you never know when you're going to come across the cop that hates imports and decides to look under the car.

·
3,857 Posts
I remember a thread in m.net from a guy that did that and he said that the car sounded awesome...
The ticket for removing the CAT is 1K in the area where I live so I wouldn't think about it...

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
I have a glasspack, no cat, and I think its a magnaflow muffler, straight through (custom exhaust got from a friend), it does sound awesome. still have to figure out how to record a clip though. its loud! not pit crew loud though...

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Jegs.com has them for less than $25 plus shipping. Thrush Glasspack in 2 1/2" in/out. That's what I'll be using instead of the cat when my new exhaust gets fabbed up.

·
3,857 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have a glasspack, no cat, and I think its a magnaflow muffler, straight through (custom exhaust got from a friend), it does sound awesome. still have to figure out how to record a clip though. its loud! not pit crew loud though...
yeah.. if you car will sound any thing like boogie's then go for it. It's nice... not rice at all. Loud, but not crazy loud (actually i think mine may be louder). I'm gonna dread replacing my cat cause it may take mine over the top. Go for it man...

-Jeremy

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have a cherrybomb with no cat and no muffler on my challenge car (just a turndown.) It sounds horrible. I'm ashamed to drive it around it sounds so bad.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
I have a cherrybomb with no cat and no muffler on my challenge car (just a turndown.) It sounds horrible. I'm ashamed to drive it around it sounds so bad.
It probably wouldn't be so bad if you were to put on a muffler of some sorts. I know Supertrapp makes an adjustable slip-on style muffler for a decent price. It might help to tone it down a bit Brian.

·
Registered
526 Posts
It probably wouldn't be so bad if you were to put on a muffler of some sorts. I know Supertrapp makes an adjustable slip-on style muffler for a decent price. It might help to tone it down a bit Brian.
I'm sure it would, but this pipe was free, and in a competition bases around a budget of $2007 (including the car!) I'm not looking at mufflers for it! The stock pipe is sitting in the garage for when the competition is over in October.

That and I'm hoping the used OBX header I have coming, along with the homemade CAI I have to get around to building, will balance out the sound some.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts