ClubRoadster.net banner

Quick question! replace cat with glasspack?

21K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  powersmx5 
#1 ·
I am pretty sure my cat is clogged, I have a cherrybomb glass pack laying around - would this work decent in place? As far as like, obviously taking up that space plus also more quiet than a test pipe.

#7 ·
I remember a thread in m.net from a guy that did that and he said that the car sounded awesome...
The ticket for removing the CAT is 1K in the area where I live so I wouldn't think about it...

#8 ·
I have a glasspack, no cat, and I think its a magnaflow muffler, straight through (custom exhaust got from a friend), it does sound awesome. still have to figure out how to record a clip though. its loud! not pit crew loud though...

#13 ·
#17 ·
I have a glasspack, no cat, and I think its a magnaflow muffler, straight through (custom exhaust got from a friend), it does sound awesome. still have to figure out how to record a clip though. its loud! not pit crew loud though...
yeah.. if you car will sound any thing like boogie's then go for it. It's nice... not rice at all. Loud, but not crazy loud (actually i think mine may be louder). I'm gonna dread replacing my cat cause it may take mine over the top. Go for it man...

-Jeremy

#18 ·
I have a cherrybomb with no cat and no muffler on my challenge car (just a turndown.) It sounds horrible. I'm ashamed to drive it around it sounds so bad.

#19 ·
I have a cherrybomb with no cat and no muffler on my challenge car (just a turndown.) It sounds horrible. I'm ashamed to drive it around it sounds so bad.
It probably wouldn't be so bad if you were to put on a muffler of some sorts. I know Supertrapp makes an adjustable slip-on style muffler for a decent price. It might help to tone it down a bit Brian.

#20 ·
It probably wouldn't be so bad if you were to put on a muffler of some sorts. I know Supertrapp makes an adjustable slip-on style muffler for a decent price. It might help to tone it down a bit Brian.
I'm sure it would, but this pipe was free, and in a competition bases around a budget of $2007 (including the car!) I'm not looking at mufflers for it! The stock pipe is sitting in the garage for when the competition is over in October.

That and I'm hoping the used OBX header I have coming, along with the homemade CAI I have to get around to building, will balance out the sound some.

#21 ·
Dont do it here is a video of my car at a local autox. My car has Boig header with 2.25 collector, resonator in cats place and dynamax straight through muffler at the rear. Exhaust is 2.5 inches collector back. Engine is stock except the header and intake. The ehxaust size combined with the header gave me more torque and horsepower everywhere on the rpm band. Setup is for csp and in the video you can hear the car hit the limiter hard at high rpm. Video is shot with a cell phone camera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmoXEgIcYWA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.