ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey CR, quick question.

I emailed Flyin' Miata a couple days ago but haven't gotten a response, so many one of you all know!

I'm going to be picking up a set of springs for my 94. I currently have Koni Yellows with 5xRacing 58mm bumpstops on stock springs from what was an autocross ES setup. I'd like to keep the Konis and put Flyin Miata springs on them, as is their pre-built setup you can buy.

If I get the NA springs ( https://www.flyinmiata.com/na-flyin-miata-springs.html ), is there anything else I need for installation, or is that all I need? Also, the Konis have three perch heights, "raised", "stock height", and "slightly lower"; which is the correct setting for the springs?

I've seen there is a v1 and v2. I found a used set for sale but I'm not sure if they're v1 or v2, I would prefer v2. Is there any way to visually ID them?

I've seen another used NB set avilable. If I were to get the springs intended for the NB, is there a functional difference on an NA? I know I will need some additional hardware to make them work, but what exactly is required? NB tophats, or perch mounts, or both, or?

Thanks!!

·
Mufasa in Training
32,357 Posts
If you're buying from FM, it's always V2 as far as I know.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you're buying from FM, it's always V2 as far as I know.
Oh, for sure. I'm just wondering about the used set I found for sale, and if there's anyway to tell if they are v1 or v2 visually. The owner isn't sure since they came with his car. If they're v1 I'll buy from FM... otherwise I'll pick up the used set.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,357 Posts
I don't know how much difference it'd make other than the early springs sagged a lot more over time.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. The used ones are v1s.

If anyone knows the difference - the website says "A recent redesign means these springs now work flawlessly with Koni Sport shocks and FM rear mounts."

Not sure what the actual difference is, but it sounds like I'd be better off with the V2s...

·
Mufasa in Training
32,357 Posts
Only redesign I can think of was getting springs that don't sag, but I could be wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts