ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all... I'm looking at picking up a quick release. However, my main concern is someone ganking my wheel while i'm in target or some ****. I frequently drive with my top down and leave it down at my destination, especially if it's just the store or something. I never have anything of real value with me (they can have my shitty stereo if they're that hard up.) But it seems that any moron who knew what a QR looked like could steal my Momo... Even if he just thought it would be funny to steal the steering wheel of a car.
And no, i don't feel like wandering around Piggly Wiggly with a steering wheel in my cart.
Anyone have any experience with this?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Then why would you et a quick release? It's kinda no purpose if you ask me. I take my momo everywhere I go, its like jewelry, Like yeah bitch, I gotta momo... Whatchu got, egayyz? lol :)

·
Registered
620 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why not just get a flip up hub then?
Because from what i've seen they cost more than my friggin wheel...

I have a sparco speed i'll be putting in for track days. I foresee it being a bitch to get in and out without a QR... I really don't want to be "that guy" walking around with my Momo. I'd feel like a tool. The trunk is an easy enough solution....

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
I second the walking around with a wheel is total tool behavior. Get the flip, deal with getting in, or throw it in your trunk without a trunk release.

Granted anyone who boosts modified rides that doesn't have a wheel with a quick release on them is an idiot. Could jack half the modified cars in socal carrying a egay whee + quick release + screw driver.

Point being, a universal theft deterrent is fkn dumb.

Atleast put a dumb lock on it. Granted those easily pop off too apparently. YouTube video of a dude popping it with a pocket knife in 2 seconds. Insert=done.

·
Big Pimpin'
8,505 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts