ClubRoadster.net banner

Quick Release Steering Wheel: Rapfix or NRG?

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  TrophyFodder 
#1 ·
Anyone have a preference between the two? Or yet, tried both of the two? Can anyone confirm the quality of each? I'm trying to decide between the RapfixII or the NRG2.5.

I think the NRG2.5 looks slimmer, but haven't seen one in person. If anyone has any info on these please post your input.

Thanks!

Forgot to add the much needed pictures...

RAPFIX

NRG2.5

See less See more
#3 ·
Are the new NRG's really shorter? That was the main problem with the original NRG (which was most likely a rip-off of Rapfix). It just moved the steering wheel way too close to the body.

I have a few friends that have the nrg v2. looks the same as the old one.. but has a locking collar.. (nrg does make short hubs tho.. not sure if they are available for a miata.)

I've had the nrg quick release v1. for over a year now.. and have had no complaints gets the job done and has no play..

I know KidDanger has a works bell quick release.

#4 ·
I have the NRG. pix on the cardomain. quality is great but it does push the wheel alot farther back then with just the hub. I was a little conserned at the start but i got used to it in a few days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.