ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've swapped over to Xida Clubsports and I don't need my stock setup anymore. They've done well for me, surprised me everytime I pushed the car and have held up amazingly.

94 R-package suspension.
Taken off at 192k miles
154# lb/in front, 94# lb/in rear spring-rates
13" inch front shock bodies, 9 1/2" inch rear shock bodies
Stock NA top-mounts
Stock bump-stops and boot covers.

You will need to do a few things for these to be 100% fuctional. Get them revalved! They will work ok without a re-valve, still absorbing bumps and rebounding. I would highly suggest a re-valve though, there's quite a few companies that can do such a job, FatCatMotorsports or Stewart Development are the first that come to mind.

Press out this cut bolt & sleeve, and the bushing itself. I would replace all the bushings on the shocks.

Replace the rear top-mounts, all four studs broke off when I was removing them.

I would also recommend some new bump-stops. Not that the stock ones are bad, but new ones with better technology will help the ride.

Boxed up, ready to ship!

I am asking $200 shipped OBO

PM me here or email: flier129 AT hotmail.com

·
Gang-Ban Organizer
2,720 Posts
fatcat doesn't work with the old style bilsteins like the r package ones...so they will need rebuilt elsewhere.

the bump stops are useless (as the boots are torn apart and the stops themselves are junk) as are the topmounts as you know. Most folks will go with fcm stops and boots and new NA mounts for scca stock class use or FCM or ISC top hats for non stock use.

So what these are is shocks that need rebuilt via SD or Bilstein...and the lower bushing replaced, and some R package springs.

I'd recommend parting out the springs on sccaforums and miata.net and the shocks separately. If you do that I'm sure you might get close to the $200 you're asking...

as they are shown they look like a $50 pile of crap. Presentation is everything...

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
GOOD bilstiens go for just a little over 200.

Just trying to help you out. GLWS

·
Gang-Ban Organizer
2,720 Posts
I'm saying the springs have value (about $40-50 I found) in the scca autocross community for stock class. The shocks have a small amount of value as well. So you can probably get $100-150 for these...maybe even $200 cleaned up. But a shot of beat up shocks with rusty broken top hats doesn't help the sale :(

$50 shipped is too low......sorry?

·
Murse Magnet
7,850 Posts
fatcat doesn't work with the old style bilsteins like the r package ones...so they will need rebuilt elsewhere.

the bump stops are useless (as the boots are torn apart and the stops themselves are junk) as are the topmounts as you know. Most folks will go with fcm stops and boots and new NA mounts for scca stock class use or FCM or ISC top hats for non stock use.

So what these are is shocks that need rebuilt via SD or Bilstein...and the lower bushing replaced, and some R package springs.

I'd recommend parting out the springs on sccaforums and miata.net and the shocks separately. If you do that I'm sure you might get close to the $200 you're asking...

as they are shown they look like a $50 pile of crap. Presentation is everything...
Everything He said. What I would do is remove the top hat and throw them away. Clean up the shocks and springs. I found that a mr.clean magic eraser works fantastic with this sort of stuff.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not opposed to parting out the shocks and springs. I figure someone prepping for e-stock will grab the springs. I've currently got two offers on the shocks for what I figured they would sell for.

Did I post this in the "how much my stuff is worth" subforum? I posted it kind of quick from my phone, but I'm fairly certain I didn't.

·
Gang-Ban Organizer
2,720 Posts
Well we're just trying to help. If ya don't want it you don't have to take it ;)

good luck with the sale :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Don't take it personal I don't think anyone would want the bilsteins, no one wants worn out shocks, specially for $200,however, I would be interested in your nice r package springs if there is no rust. Anyways good luck.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I am interested in the shocks only, nothing else. LMK if you want to part them out, or if you will cut me a deal on the whole package for much cheaper than $200 Shipped.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts