ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So does anybody have any ideas as to where I can find an R package lip for an NA?? I've tried searching the net but haven't found anything. I WANT ONE!!!

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Oh, yeah, any Mazda dealer can get one for you but you get better value and have more fun doing it the way I said above.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,094 Posts
Trussville Mazda should still have at least the front lip spoiler, if not the rear. They used to also sell them as a package.

If you're talking about the trunklid spoiler, you're SOL as far as getting a new factory piece, as Mazda quit making (and selling) them several years ago :( . Your best bet there is either getting one used (doesn't happen too often, but I have one :) ) or buying a replica from Moss or Brainstorm then doing a LOT of paint/prep work on it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i have a used lip spoiler i can sell ya. also the rear, but the rear was cut into 2 pieces to accept my dual-tip exhaust. i also have the r-package spoiler (originally classic red but repainted brilliant black because i was going to give it to someone, but then that never happened)... all are oem mazda parts.

uh, did you e-mail me about this a while ago? i've been in istanbul, turkey with a family emergency so i kinda got flaky about email the last couple of weeks. :oops:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I only signed on to this forum like 2 days ago so there' s no way I could've sent you an email. Please check your inbox cuz I just sent you a pm.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sorry if I'm hi jacking the thread, but I don't want to make another topic about the same car part. :oops: You can buy a front lip spoiler from Mazdastuff.com

I notice most of the Miatas I see with an unpainted front lips look flat black. I just bought one from Mazdastuff I am 99% sure it is an OEM peice, but the color seems to be in a dark gray with blueish tinge. Is this just my eyes messing with me or is there some quality issue with the newly made spoilers?

The color seems really light and I'll probably paint it flat black.

p.s. sorry it has the blue painter tape on the spoiler, they forgot to send me the hardware and I was just seeing how it looked on the car.

This is how they show the lip in the catalog http://www.mazdastuff.com/custom/productzoom/front_airdam_big.gif

·
Registered
233 Posts
HKSpowers, I just got a lip from Mazda South as well, it is flat black, but on the lighter side because of the material the lip is made out of. There's no need to worry.

·
Registered
149 Posts
It's no problem finding the oem front lip, or the rear trunklid spoiler.

I am having trouble finding the R package rear skirt tho. N e suggestions?

·
OG Member
583 Posts
I bought the fiberglass one from England(eBay), it's decent but needs a little finish work to be painted. I'll post pics soon. It cost me about $220 US shipped. :( I wish I would have known about mx5mart.com, it seems to be a much better deal!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts