ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Aero Master
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Starting to do this on our shop car. We will be removing all unnecessary wires and wiring in the proper battery disconnect and switches. I've mapped out all the circuits that will be retained, for our shop car we will keep the following:
  • Headlights
  • Wipers
  • Blower Motor/Heater Core
We are also adding a cool suit system for hot track days, and the fans will be controlled via a switch. For the headlights, only full on activation will be kept (no parking light function or turn signals) and a flash to pass (just in case, for on the track) button will be hooked up. The wipers will allow both high and low speed functions, by using a DPDT relay for the park and high speed functions, and a separate SPST relay for the low speed. We removed the blower motor switch (just the fan speed part) from the stock unit and are transferring it over to our switch panel. The heater core will always stay on hot to act as a defroster in cold conditions.

If you guys have shots of your race car wiring, post them up! This thread is here to help people who are going to tackle wiring get some help.

-Henry

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Need some noob help on wiring. I would like to wire in parallel the Main and AC radiator fan. I also want to use the cruise button inside the car to activate the fans manually in addition to the relay built it already. Is it possible to do this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I have all non-essential wiring removed from my car, except i removed the wipers and blower heater core as well. It's mostly a hack job right now by just removing the wires from the factory lharness but considerable weight was lost. When i finaly get the chance to cage/stitch weld the chassis I'll take out the harness and build a nice new one from scratch.

·
Aero Master
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Need some noob help on wiring. I would like to wire in parallel the Main and AC radiator fan. I also want to use the cruise button inside the car to activate the fans manually in addition to the relay built it already. Is it possible to do this?

Very simple. You need to wire in your cruise control switch so that it branches off of the black/green wire between the thermoswitch and the relay. Colors may vary on your year, but that should trigger both fans to come on. The cooling fan relay feeds power into the AC relay (at least on the 90).

-Henry

·
Registered
190 Posts
97 ECU pin out shows 1a / 1B to be main fan and AC fan. Not sure what you mean about alternator

·
Aero Master
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks like the alternator would keep the engine running with this wiring, if the battery kill was actuated. The exciter wire should be on the battery side of the kill switch.
You are correct, after I made the diagram I tested it out and wired it correctly with the exciter wire hooked up to the switch.

-Henry

1 - 15 of 15 Posts