ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Rotarded
1,611 Posts
if you're set on ebay stuff, spend a couple more dollars and get obx. its widely known that that they don't install very easy, but at least a lot of people run them and don't have a problem with them. who the hell knows what kind of issues you could have with those

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well its only ganna be like 100 bucks and who knows they might work out im ganna give them a try i'll keep you guys posted on them as to how they turn out

·
BaByGuRL!!!
5,494 Posts
those headers are dirt cheap, try it out mang!

·
CR.net Supporter
511 Posts
One of the local guys here in Las Vegas, has the Race Land 1.8 headers installed in his 94 R PKG. He belongs to a miata group here known as MOOV (It's virtually a pack of Moss/m.netters that just get together and have cruises and eat-outs).

He said the install went easy, and that he did notice "some" power gains.

·
Hide yo kids hide yo wife
6,286 Posts
hmm... i might have to try it... my mani is cracked, and is probably gonna either cost $50 to get a used OK one, or I'll have to try and see if it's fixable...

but this $80 for a header doesn't sound too bad, especially since it's got a downpipe too.

·
Registered
241 Posts
they're pretty popular here in austria and germany, but I don't know how good they are.
Alot VW people have them. And I was told that most austrian/german roadster owners who wanted a header, bought the cheap raceland header too.
They cost 169? (~218$) here...
I was reading some reviews, some said that they're good quality and fitted with no problems, others say that they had alot work to make them fit.
I found this pic, raceland header on a NA:

if I buy one I'll let you know.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I have those header.....here's my impression.

Those are cheap, but if you look at how the collectors are setup, they still collect into a 4-2-1 design with smooth flow just like the JR header. You'll notice more of the power increase in the mid-range portion of your RPM and it'll make your powerband feel a bit flatter.

I would wrap the header, install it, and call it a day. I've had mine for about 6 months and it still hasn't cracked.

Mine was fitted on my 1.6L and fit like a charm (just had to extend the o2 wiring....no biggie). For the 1.8L, I can't vouch for the fitment issues as we all know- alot of ebay companies tend to fail with the 1.8L fitment.

I have MaximM Works Header at home too- much more smooth welds, but costs 9x the price lol.

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts
The design of that header looks very similar to the Maxim Works Header.

Also, I have an OBX header on my 99 Miata. The quality and fitment of it was excellent. It's pretty much an exact copy of the new RB header.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Quinn....On the silicone hose on your intake....What diameter is it? Did the intake improve power or response? Or both?

·
CR.net Supporter
511 Posts
In the very near future, I'll be in the market for a new header (mine has developed a small crack on one of the welds).
I'm not looking for anything too extreme. I'll most likely go with an OBX, Fuji-Racing, or even a Raceland.

·
Gang-Ban Organizer
2,720 Posts
i'm pretty sure this is the header I have. The fitment is decent.....I'd say the exhaust gasket going to the cat is a bit off.....but its good for the price for sure.

I'd probably sell it for $50 someday, but its hard to beat for $$ per HP

·
Closed Shell Syndrome
7,676 Posts
[At the end of the header system there is an open pipe that slides into or is welded to the present exhaust system. This connection may require some fabrication; this depends on your present exhaust system.]

The above statement is taken from an advert for the header in question. Can someone confirm this? What needed to be done to it, if anything?

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have this headears for almost 2 years and still everythinig is good.

Mine are for the NA 1.6

1 - 20 of 128 Posts