ClubRoadster.net banner

81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Beeeeer!
1,723 Posts
Ok... so here comes the noob question. I see headers ending in 2" or 2.25", yet exhausts like ebay specials are 2.5". Is everyone running some sort of expansion test pipe?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Any special type wire connectors, or did you solder them
I used butt connectors, no solder. Can't remember if I put dielectric grease or not, but I definitely taped over the entire connector to make sure it sealed up nicely.

·
Registered
446 Posts
They must have removed it from their site....because theres one attached to my motor right now lol
on the m.net thread someone contacted raceland and they said 1.8 headers will be back in stock may 26th but thats the only reason you cant find it is because they dont have any.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I was thinking about getting these, the only problem I have is that it deletes the cat and I'd prefer to keep mine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
177 Posts
Quote taken directly from their website
"This 4-2-1 exhaust header achieves this better flow by increasing the size of the header piping and removing the power-robbing catalytic converter."

·
··
4,227 Posts
Maybe they're generalizing for OBDII California NBs or something with the pre-cats (correct?), I can't say for sure. No matter, you have a '95 and I have a '94, both OBD1 with one catalytic convertor so our applications match. The Raceland header will mate right to your catalytic converter, not replace it.

Check mine out installed: http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/1295714-post57.html

The flange you see at the rear is to bolt to your cat.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ahh ok, sick! Thank you good sir

81 - 100 of 128 Posts