ClubRoadster.net banner

101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Have you had any rattling from the header and bell housing? Looks awful close in your thread

·
Registered
177 Posts
Awesome. Probably the first "performance" thing I'm going to do... After a paint job and roll bar that is

·
··
4,227 Posts
Mine doesn't. Before I bought it I researched and some folks said they fit like crap and rub the bellhousing, some fit great like mine so personally, I suggest it. Keep in mind I have ran across folks saying they had fitment issues with their RacingBeat headers as well even though they're insanely overpriced.
Any other questions, feel free.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Mine doesn't. Before I bought it I researched and some folks said they fit like crap and rub the bellhousing, some fit great like mine so personally, I suggest it. Keep in mind I have ran across folks saying they had fitment issues with their RacingBeat headers as well even though they're insanely overpriced.
Any other questions, feel free.
right on, thanks for the heads up.

And just to give you a heads up. Undo the exhaust side motor mount and lift the engine up slightly. It'll make installing the header a lot easier.
Ya thats what I was reading. Seems straight forward enough..

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Yeah, I found fitment and welds were spot on. Only thing was just typical install woes. I like the idea of lifting the left side.

·
Fearless ****** of Ghosts
865 Posts
is the only way to get this header direct from Racelandus? my google-fu is too weak to tell me otherwise :s
They used to do ebay, but I think they switched it just to their own site. I ordered from their site direct, got it quick.

Everything I read is that it is a good, cheap stock replacement. Don't expect Racing Beat quality or power, but expect a decent bit over stock.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
i never got hardware or a gasket, nor did 90% of people i think.

if i were you, i'd not sure your old oem one, OR the cheapo china one they include. just roll down to your dealership and spend the $4 on a brand new oem one

·
Registered
13 Posts
Adam, any butt-dyno gains after you installed the header?
I pulled 110 wheel horsepower and 96 torque on my 1.6 with a Raceland header and a cone air filter. I don't have dyno numbers from before, but I definitely noticed a difference on the butt dyno when I first put it in. And being able to generate those numbers on the dyno at the very least shows that it's not restrictive, even if I can't pinpoint the header as the reason for all that go-juice.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Just installed my raceland header on my '99. The easy stuff was hard and the hard stuff was easy.

Easy stuff that was hard:
Disconnecting the down pipe from the cat
Disconnecting the down pipe from the manifold (this had to be done to get the header out)
Disconnecting the EGR from the manifold

Hard stuff that was easy:
Bending and adjusting the EGR to fit the raceland header
Lifting the motor so the header slides in easily
Removing the o2 sensor ( I did it after the down pipe was off the car)

I did end up using the header gasket that was provided by raceland, it was a good quality gasket.
I had no clearance issues with the header and the motor/ trans.
Took just shy of 4hrs bc I ran into a few stuck bolts and nuts.

101 - 120 of 128 Posts