ClubRoadster.net banner
121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
I've had mine on for two weeks and I'm having a small issue with it. When under high stress he header will make a ringing noise equivalent to the sound you get from pinging a glass. Does anyone else have this issue?

·
··
4,227 Posts
Mine doesn't. Before I bought it I researched and some folks said they fit like crap and rub the bellhousing, some fit great like mine so personally, I suggest it. Keep in mind I have ran across folks saying they had fitment issues with their RacingBeat headers as well even though they're insanely overpriced.
Any other questions, feel free.
I've had mine on for two weeks and I'm having a small issue with it. When under high stress he header will make a ringing noise equivalent to the sound you get from pinging a glass. Does anyone else have this issue?
I was somewhat mistaken, while breaking-in my motor I dared not go past say 3,800 rpm. Now that it is broke-in and I'm driving the snot out of it, it will contact something another, vibrate noticeably and of course be noisy at about 4,300. The vibration makes my seat a massage chair but I don't care much..

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
When I bought this for one of my miatas, it came with the gasket. Other than it being a pain in the ass to get in there without raising the engine, the only problem I came up with was a loud ticking that sounds like lifters after I installed it.

Evidently it has something to do with the EGR not being hooked up correctly even though I could have sworn I wrenched it down onto the header

·
Registered
169 Posts
I had them in my 1.6 fit great no problems only o2 sensor must be extended
I removed them as I am going a different route, and selling them for a mere $70 cheea *\(^o^)/* pm me iyl.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Sorry to dig this from the grave, but I want to make sure that this is the same thing and shouldn't have any issues being installed. I currently have a cheapo ebay header that I got for $92.50 that didn't fit at all. It's too small for the head and too short for the rest of the exahust. I needed to make my car quieter and my whole exhaust was one piece from rust and welding. I needed something modular. I managed to get it on and working, but since the ports don't line up it is doing anything but good for the car.

I hope to buy this during the winter and want to make sure that it will be a straight bolt on. I heard it's difficult to put it in without raising the motor but is possible.

121 - 128 of 128 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.