ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, does anyone have this problem with their riceland?
the rear coils i set it to the lowest with helper springs oon and seems like there isnt any clearance between the coilover and the drive axle, and this is what happen....
got any idea to fix this guys, any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
291 Posts
You can take the helper spring out and raise the collars up so it's still the same height and the spring wouldn't be as close to the axle

·
Registered
116 Posts
I found my racelands rubbed and made contact on my NA6 but my NA8 they cleared... not sure if the 1.8 has slightly more clearance.

could remove helper springs and raise collars or just let it rub till it clears haha

·
Supporting Member
1,755 Posts
Once the helper is out you can put the car on the ground and not worry about rubbing. And no, you more than likely won't have a problem when jacking the car up.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Helper spring is on the wrong side. I had mine as low as they would go and they didn't rub.

shoot i didnt realize two side are different for the helper spring, thanks for the info

You can take the helper spring out and raise the collars up so it's still the same height and the spring wouldn't be as close to the axle
this was the only way i can think of, but then i have to work with the measurement to get the right height

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found my racelands rubbed and made contact on my NA6 but my NA8 they cleared... not sure if the 1.8 has slightly more clearance.

could remove helper springs and raise collars or just let it rub till it clears haha
lol this is a NA8, and i wouldnt want it to rub till it clears, its pretty dangerous, i guess i just put it in wrong like what MiataRacer says, i really hope it helps once i switch back....

·
Cr.net is addicting
2,081 Posts
You will rub no matter what if you go low . I had my helpers removed and still rubbed , I installed stance rears an they rub. Its the size of the bottom mount on the coilovers that will cause the problem if you go low .By the looks of your height if you remove the helpers and raise the perch you shouldn't have a problem .

·
Registered
215 Posts
I had this when I went reasonably low on Racelands.. But on my NB. Raised it up just enough to clear the driveshaft. Still low enough, but not slammed.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I removed the helpers and had no problem. I have my perches all the way up now, no helper springs and the fender sits "flush" with the top if the tire and dont have to worry about any helper spring rubbage

·
Registered
291 Posts
Shouldn't be too hard to get the ride height. The helper spring is fully compressed when the car is sitting so measure the helper spring fully compressed and raise the collar that much.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Excuse my n00b question.. Whats the helper spring for, if you can get rid of it with no problems?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Mine did that too. I just dealt with it until the axle flattened one side of the collars until it didn't rub any more.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Excuse my n00b question.. Whats the helper spring for, if you can get rid of it with no problems?
The only thing i can think is that if you actually driving the car, it should help to keep better control of the spring if it gets "unloaded" like if your almost jumping the car while running low.

I bet someone more at home with english/american will be able to explain it better.

·
Registered
291 Posts
It pretty much just acts like an extra dampener. When I had them on my car they were fully compressed while the car was on the ground.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i guess at the moment the best thing i can do is to take the helper out and adjust the ride heigh, and i have no idea what the helper springs are for... i never seen a coilover with it...

1 - 20 of 55 Posts