ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
··
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heck yeah its another one!!

I wanna hear from RL owners, NA & NB, about how long their Racelands have lasted. This is not a debate thread though. Of course alot of folks down them but I've never seen a numerical figure of how they last.
Go!

·
~Foo's Best Friend~
517 Posts
They suck from the get go. Seriously. i bought in at 225 shipped and that was the ONLY selling point

·
Registered
625 Posts
Bought mine in June of 2010 I think. Still in the same working order, even driving the car in winter this year. Put maybe 8,000mi since I installed them?

·
~Foo's Best Friend~
517 Posts
i have about 35000 on mine. theyre okay for getting low. i have a rb tubular front and rb rear swaybar though which greatly helps with the low spring rates. i wouldnt run them without upgraded sways at least.

·
Bimmer Challenge - B5
2,397 Posts
This thread will suck in the following ways.

The fact you have to make a thread asking how long they lasted speaks about the quality.
Using that information you can see that quality is not a priority and failure rates will vary because of that.
How they are used, in what ways, will also cause them to fail at various times.

It would be more interesting to see how much they lose in terms of "performance" over a certain period of use. Watching grass grow would probably be infinitely more entertaining and less likely to cause flaming.

·
··
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bought mine in June of 2010 I think. Still in the same working order, even driving the car in winter this year. Put maybe 8,000mi since I installed them?
Hm, thing is I haven't ever been able to find hard evidence that say, EZ streets or a shock/spring combo, really last so much longer than RLs.

·
··
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This thread will suck in the following ways.

The fact you have to make a thread asking how long they lasted speaks about the quality.
Using that information you can see that quality is not a priority and failure rates will vary because of that.
How they are used, in what ways, will also cause them to fail at various times.

It would be more interesting to see how much they lose in terms of "performance" over a certain period of use. Watching grass grow would probably be infinitely more entertaining and less likely to cause flaming.
I see what ya mean and I hope you can see my side; I know its been covered in ways but some folks will just see the price and say they're crap. Without ever having them.

·
~Foo's Best Friend~
517 Posts
again they arent bad for going low. thats all they do in my eyes though. would i rather be low on stance or teins yes. but as a starter coilover they work. their customer service is great, they have a 2 year warranty, and if you just hate them when you put them on you can return them for a full refund at cost of shipping.
every shock will need to be replaced at some point. mine are fine at 35000 miles and they are not babied at all.
was it 225 well spent. yes.
would i pay the newer prices for them. no.

·
~Foo's Best Friend~
517 Posts
seriously dont buy them.
save save save for better coils. please. when these get replaced this year i will probably drag them from the back of my car for all time as a testament to my stupidity for not doing it right the first time.

·
Registered
62 Posts
not much help as i only have a few hundred miles on mine, but i like the way they make my car sit and they're much better than the busted stock ones i had that made my car rock like a boat...

·
··
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha Make a video. I'm not in a position to buy them real soon so, more time to consider. I know EZs impress more people quality and performance wise but I don't think I'd ever use them to their potential.

·
Registered
374 Posts
You may want to specify what you are wanting to do with them.

From what I've read if you want to do anything more than stance (low and slow) then look elsewhere. I think the ones that break are the ones that get taken to the track and are expected to perform like a $1,000+ coilover.

Anyway, I'm looking at getting a set of them as well. I'll report back in once I get a bit of time on them lol.

·
Registered
459 Posts
If you want a good entry level coilover setup, get the FM VMAXX from Flyin Miata, only $600.

If you cant afford to spend $600 for your suspension, maybe you shouldn't be modifying your car to begin with.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mines are on a NB with 3 years of daily driving and occasional track dayswith over 20k miles front right and rear right are blown but still ridding them with no issues of sagging. Oh yea it's dumped to the ground

1 - 20 of 131 Posts