ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just wondering everyones opinion between the regular and hollow front racing beat bar. Is there any real difference other than weight. This will be going on my autox and backroad beast with flexes. Is it worth the extra cheddar???

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I have the hollow front sway...... but haven't tried the solid for comparison.....

I like it

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
save some money just in case you break you sway bar mounts.

i haven't yet * knocks on wood*

·
Registered
490 Posts
According to documentation on RB's website the RB solid sway is 2.3X stronger than the stock bar. The 1/8" wall hollow is 1.3X stronger than the RB solid and the 3/16" wall is 1.7X stronger than the RB solid. I assume by stronger they mean stiffer. So not only are they lighter, they're stiffer.

edit: typos

·
Registered
324 Posts
Haven't got one.........yet!...............living with a front fm sway, full stiff, HA c/o, it's tail happy most of the time, but take of street tires, and rcomps change it to a understeer'n................what rubber you run on is what makes a difference?

·
Registered
402 Posts
The comparison is not for weight or strength. It's for stiffness. The Tubular is significantly stiffer than the solid bar is. It really depends on what else you've done to the suspension.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have the hollow RB bar - I can't compare to the solid bar, but compared to stock it's a huge improvement. It takes a little getting used to, since the car will tend to understeer if you're giving it too much throttle in a steady-state corner (a nice cloverleaf, for example...) but once you hit just the right spot, the tail falls right in line and the car feels much more stable. Now that I've become accustomed to it, I can throw the car into a corner with more speed, simply because it feels so much more planted.

I installed it with the "blocks and bolts" kit, which seems very solid so I'm not too worried about the mounts tearing. Seems to have made the steering response a little more crisp, as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Suspension Upgrade >= Maintenance Frustration?

One guy that had a Racing Beat front swaybar came in for a water pump, timing belt, crank oil seal etc...The swaybar got in the way...we shoulda removed it....

Anyway, Ive been told that overdoing it on the sways and strut towers can actually increase the tendency for understeer in the later miatas...

Of course this guy had stock struts/springs...I'd do the swaybar last. I never got to drive his car though.

Stiffen....Stiffen...Lower...you still got enough travel?....Stiffen, Adjust....

I....uhhh....well, I have a 240sx background and .....I'm curious as to what you guys think of Racing Beat overall...It seems they make a lot of stuff for miatas.

Blah.....Blah....Blah.....still typing...sorry. UNDERSTEER.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
...the racing beat front sway bar is indeed stiffer. it's designed for more experienced drivers who can take advantage of the stiffer front end. Using the solid front and rear racing beat sway bars is a more balanced set up. IT IS STRONGLY RECOMENDED that you use the sway bar brace kit hardware (blocks with screws). This will reinforce your sway bar mounts, which can break if you don't use the hardware kit. Also it is recommended that you use the racing beat sway bar endlinks (or it's equivelant), because the stock endlinks will break!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Stock endlinks break?

Hmm. Time to start shopping for a set of adjustables...

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
I've never heard of endlinks breaking. However if your car is lowered, the stock endlinks are too long, and will cause the sway bar end to contact the control arm. Once this happens= instant sway bar mount breakage.

That's the reason why you need the adj end links- that way you can shorten them as you lower your car.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've had my JR front bar for over a year now with some autocross action and lots of twisty roads and my endlinks are just fine. Unless this is because the RB bar is significantly stiffer then mine, but I doubt its that much stiffer. Correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dam I cant believe they break like that, I dont feel like chucking money for them, Im running just a racing beat front, think I should get end links, or reinforcement brackets? And should I get endlinks for stock rear while Im at, will I actually tell a difference?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts