ClubRoadster.net banner

Racing Beat Race clutch

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Bryan 
#1 ·
#2 ·
who says they dont use a stock pressure plate? the copper pucks have a much higher friction coefficient than organic lining. You get more hold with the same pressure [plate]

Smooth is relative. What application are you considering it for? track days and auto x?

#3 ·
drag racing actually. i need something that will really withold the abuse and be reliable. it won't be my daily driver after this winter, so i'm not too worried about driveability. shootin' for 1.6-1.7 60's and mid 13's on light motor work and slicks. 8)

#9 ·
i've already snaked out some 2.0 60's on some Kumho 712's when i had my panasports, with the 120whp that i'm running. i don't think that 1.6-1.7 60's are that far out with slicks, a big rear sway, a good clutch, and about 140-150whp. these cars are entirely capable of putting out great times, it's just that people don't care about 1/4 mile racing with this car. most of those trap speeds are WAY high of what their 1/4 time indicates, and nearly all of that is in the first 60'. a 98-100mph trap speed is EASILY a low 13 second time with a 1.7 60'. url=http://www.dragtimes.com/Mazda-Miata-MX5-Timeslip-4472.html]this[/url] car is a perfect example of that, by lowering his 60' nearly .4 so he can get a 1.7 60', his trap speed would decrease MAYBE 1-2mph, and his times would be a low 13 second pass! but on SP Sport 9000's? forget about it. those kind of times require a VERY strong clutch and slicks, not to mention i bet he wasn't banging out gears like it was going out of style.

it's strange, only miata people think that this can't be done. people just need to see how good of a platform the miata can be in the 1/4 with a proper setup! i plan on turning my car into a pretty dedicated street/strip car, just so i can try to break some N/A records. :mrgreen:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.