ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been creating some racing brake packages on the site as we've been increasing our inventory to consistently stock certain pads, rotors, lines, and fluids, and are able to get them out to you in a hurry. And while there are some pretty high dollar kits out there, we don't feel they are entirely necessary depending on your situation as we are minimalists coming from Spec Miata, so we know how well the stock braking system works in the Miata. To us, there's no need to spend thousands on an entire braking system if you're not pushing major horsepower when the time comes to participate in a track event, so we've created a few kits that will not break your bank and at the same time will give you everything you need to not have a major brake pad meltdown when your car hits the track. We've used these kits and have extensive knowledge about their on-track characteristics, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask away! Please check out the product descriptions on our site first though, we strive to put everything we know about these products up-front on our site.

Our Recommended Best Option: (and our favorite for our race cars)
Our "Ultimate" Spec Carbotech Package
http://5xracing.com/i-8395802-ultimate-spec-carbotech-miata-racing-brake-package.html

Our Hawk Options:
Our "Create Your Own Hawk Racing Brake Package for your Mazda Miata" Kits
http://5xracing.com/i-8518911-create-your-own-hawk-racing-brake-package-for-your-mazda-miata.html

We'll keep on building kits up upon our experience with them and how fast they sell (to determine whether or not it's worth it to stock them), but in the meantime we have tons of pad options able to be purchased separately within our Brakes Category:
http://5xracing.com/c-278964-miata-brakes.html

Thanks!

·
The colder Adam
2,197 Posts
Very cool. You should do an autocross set up for STS. I just pieced one together (including SS lines I got from your group buy) that has Hawk HPS up front and HP+ rears (based in recommendations from the fast STS drivers in my area).

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very cool. You should do an autocross set up for STS. I just pieced one together (including SS lines I got from your group buy) that has Hawk HPS up front and HP+ rears (based in recommendations from the fast STS drivers in my area).
I can most definitely do that. What are the popular setup's for auto-x by the way? Obviously the HPS/HP+ combo, but are there any others? I'd love to hear some feedback from all of you out there on what everyone wants.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I can most definitely do that. What are the popular setup's for auto-x by the way? Obviously the HPS/HP+ combo, but are there any others? I'd love to hear some feedback from all of you out there on what everyone wants.
The Hawk HP are very popular in my region (KY), but I use the carbotech XP8's. I like them better than hawk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts