ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the market. Racing Logic and SWIFT SPrings has teamed up to produce these coilovers.

**s13 coilovers pictured**

PRoduct Description:

Ultra Complex is specially designed to suit varioius racing conditions with its unique 34-step damper adjustment. It is constructed to enhance the handling of the vehicle by providing adjustable and predictable damper rates. Ultra Complex provides detailed communication of the road survaces to the driver as well as applying 52mm mono tube design to ensure the maximum durability is achieaved.

All components are elctrpolated or anodized for maximum protection and durablity

FOrged from superior aluminum 6061 with T6 for increased hardness.

Fully adjustable body with movalbe lower bracket/body and spring seat enables the separate adjustment of ride height and pre-load.

=======================================================

We ordered a set for the miata hopefully we're able to use it for this coming drift buffet(feb 3rd.). SPring rate 8/6(you can choose your own spring rate.)

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Very cool. Swift springs are very popular in Japan. Racing Logic International Motorsport is based in Taiwan with distributors in Hong Kong, Australia, and USA. I'm looking forward to reading some reviews and feedback from users with setup info, etc.

This image below doesn't show the Swift springs that come on the Miata application but gives you an idea of what features they offer.

·
2,708 Posts
Can somebody please explain the difference between a specially designed "drift" suspension as opposed to anything else. What are the "needs" of a drifter that would make design any different. Just trying to edumacate myself here.

Nice-looking suspension BTW. Pricing?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
"34 steps damping and rebound adjustment"

does that mean they are double adjustables?

Or both damping and rebound are adjusted by the same knob? Its bad news if this is the case...

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
If I were a betting man I'd wager that the shocks only have a single adjustment knob. This knob primarily controls rebound damping rate but due to the valve design simultaneously has an effect on compression damping. Exactly what the relationship is between clicks, rebound damping rate, and compression damping rate remains to be determined. I anxiously await further details.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
If I were a betting man I'd wager that the shocks only have a single adjustment knob. This knob primarily controls rebound damping rate but due to the valve design simultaneously has an effect on compression damping. Exactly what the relationship is between clicks, rebound damping rate, and compression damping rate remains to be determined. I anxiously await further details.
You're more than likely correct on that, but honestly, off the top of my head, I can't really think of any coilovers I've personally seen that have more than just a single adjustment knob (I know they exist, of course, just haven't come across any)

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Few coilovers have truly independent adjustment for compression and rebound damping, let alone separate high- and low-speed damping for both. Motorcycles are one area where I think this is more common. It can be had in high-end race shocks and that trick valving is what makes them so expensive. A good street/track/drift suspension can be built around a coilover with just one adjustment knob. They key is in how much effect the rebound adjustment knob has on the compression valving.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well give you guys more info when we get the coilovers in 2 weeks.

MSRP: $1400
For you guys, it'll be cheaper off course.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
You're more than likely correct on that, but honestly, off the top of my head, I can't really think of any coilovers I've personally seen that have more than just a single adjustment knob (I know they exist, of course, just haven't come across any)
This is because you probably only have been exposed to coilovers that cost below $1800. All serious race shocks have atleast 2 independant adjustments. (Compression and adjustment) Set ups for the miata that have multiple adjustment controls include Moton, Advanced Design, Penske, some Ohlins, KWs, Koni makes a setup, and a bunch others.

I'm not saying that you can't get a car to work with single adjustable coilovers, but its impossible to get it set up just right when adjusting 1 component also adjusts another. Its like trying to do a science project with mutliple variables. Just doesn't work. Once you've used double or triple adjustables, you won't want to go back.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
serious.
zombie thread.

good to hear they work ok though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts