ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, it is true, a girl said that to me last night.

I went to my father's birthday dinner last night and sat with some family friends and some kids I saw grow up. One of them is 15 now and a freshie in high school. I have known her since she was barely able to walk.

She's into sports and plays basketball, so we were talking sports and college and other things of that nature. Then I told her I like motorsports and football and she asked more about racing, and seriously asked if it was like Tokyo Drift. #-o

What has become of our youth?

:(

·
Registered
274 Posts
Be lucky she actually mentioned knowing something with the word drift in it.

I asked a friend to join me this past weekend at VIR and she asked what drifting was. When i explained she let it go through one ear and out the other, and said "Ok, so, will there like be any cute boys there?"

·
Registered
563 Posts
I feel you pain, everytime I tell someone I race my car. They ask if I drag race or if its like NASCAR. I really don't even like to get into general auto discussions anymore, I find myself correcting/explaining to much.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I feel you pain, everytime I tell someone I race my car. They ask if I drag race or if its like NASCAR. I really don't even like to get into general auto discussions anymore, I find myself correcting/explaining to much.
have you ever tried explaining an autocross to someone??

so, we all go to this open parking lot, right?
and then we set up these stupid orange cones..
and then we race around them.
and then we see who gets the fastest time..

oh yeah, it's all for fun and we don't get any money really... #-o

·
Registered
274 Posts
have you ever tried explaining an autocross to someone??

oh yeah, it's all for fun and we don't get any money really... #-o
not to make them sound any better, but it's like when i used to do car shows. When i explained you don't win any money, people gave me a real nice wtf face. i still won trophies! #-o

·
Registered
563 Posts

oh yeah, it's all for fun and we don't get any money really...
I think I have had that exact same conversation more times than I have actually been autocrossing.

·
Registered
402 Posts
You guys think the conversation for autocross is bad? I race karts. Imagine trying to explain THAT one.

"Wait, so you drive 90 minutes to a race track, spend $100 to get on the track, then $200 a day in tires, $50 a day in gas, plus crash damage and motor rebuilds, so like $3-5k a year... and you dont win any money?"

·
Registered
489 Posts
You guys think the conversation for autocross is bad? I race karts. Imagine trying to explain THAT one.

"Wait, so you drive 90 minutes to a race track, spend $100 to get on the track, then $200 a day in tires, $50 a day in gas, plus crash damage and motor rebuilds, so like $3-5k a year... and you dont win any money?"

Yea, I had to do that for about 10 years... No one besides my gf ever could get it. And that's only because she drag races.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts

haha, I can relate to that with racing atv's. If you get first place to get a big trophy and a jacket w/ your name on it :mrgreen: If they don't believe you race an atv though, you can just take them for a "spirited" ride to find out :twisted:

·
Registered
563 Posts
So wait, you go left and right.....I don't get it?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts