ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and couldn't find anything so I'm looking to my fellow miata peeps to help me out here. I bought a 90 miata with no radio and the harness looks to be cut out. If anyone has a wire diagram to tell me what wires go to what. I have an aftermarket radio I would like to put in, but I dont know the colors of the wires to attach to the aftermarket harness. So if someone could help me out with the oem radio harness and what colors go where?.. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
788 Posts
just a thougt... anyway to get ahold of an oem plug to put the wires into, then you could actually use a harness to connect the new stereo, instead of a ghetto install due to the previous owner

·
Registered
413 Posts
just a thougt... anyway to get ahold of an oem plug to put the wires into, then you could actually use a harness to connect the new stereo, instead of a ghetto install due to the previous owner
I agree. Aftermarket companies make the OEM harness plug also, exactly for cases like this. Metra 71-7901 is the oem plug, and 70-7901 is the one that would plug into radio and then into the OEM harness. Makes it a lot easier the next time you want to switch out the radio.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts