ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i picked up my first ever miata on thursday from a private seller. 114k miles. 1994 laguna blue a-package. hardtop. all major service has been done to the car and it drives great!

pictures as promised! :mrgreen:

my first mod? ARC shift knob from my nissan... :D

kepani

·
Registered
592 Posts
So that's what a stock Miata looks like~that makes your car the rarest of all the RJDM rides :mrgreen:

Love the ARC Knob, it was the first mod I did to my S2000!

Welcome. Welcome. Welcome.

Chris

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks chris! yeah, i'm a bit behind all the rest of you! :cry: :wink:

i'm currently searching for some nice wheels for the car...still deciding on which ones.

P.S. - do you still have your s2000? i'm a honda guy and am getting into these mazdas!

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Looks clean. I wish the PO took that well care of my car. ARC knob is a classic. With a blank canvas like that it's hard to decide - the choices are overwhelming. Even keeping it stock would be nice, but we both know that won't happen. I'm thinking some Advan RGs would look great on that car.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I am actually a Honda guy that drives a Miata. I had the S2K and a the Miata and decided I needed a daily driver so I traded the S2000 in on a Ridgeline. The wife drives an Odyssey.

Although I have had 1 more Honda than Miatas (6 to 5)!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Kepani,

Congrats again! Quick question, do Honda s
hift knobs have the same thread pattern as Miata's?

-BC

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the compliments gang. i love the car more every minute i drive it!

byron, no not the same as trophy says.

here's a chart for thread patterns for different makes:

m8x1.25 - toyota mr-s
m10x1.25 - nissan, mazda, mitsubishi
m10x1.5 - honda
m12x1.25 - toyota, lexus, subaru

funny thing is, i got the knob as a gift. however, it's only for the bnr34 (skyline), which apparently has it's own unique thread pattern. so a friend of mine put in a sleeve for nissans. i used it on my 240sx for a little while until pulling it off and using it for the na8c. :) things just worked out...

kepani

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Darn! I had a black textured Team Voodoo knob that I recovered from my stolen daily driver EK. I guess I gotta order another teamvoodoo knob.

-BC

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So thats what a stock one looks like :mrgreen:

Saw your post on the pointy site too... welcome to Laguna ownership!!
yep, fully unadulterated stock-ness! ;) yeah, i posted on miata.net also. what's that mean? "pointy site"?

update on the car: my battery decided to poop out on me yesterday morning. i headed over to sears only to realize that the miata has a unique battery! :( so this morning i headed over to the local mazda dealer and got it replaced.

kepani

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks tetsuya...

i gave it a wash on sunday, but didn't take any recent pictures.

turns out the interior was a lot more filthy that i had thought. well, looking foward to shopping for a new set of wheels. what do you think about the enkei rpf1's? do they make them in a 14" size? i've only seen them as 15" wheels on the enkei site. HOWEVER, in one of the hyper rev's, they show an NA and NB w/ 14" rpf1's. i can't figure that out...do they only make them special order?

i really would like to get the r-package black front lip as well.

kepani

·
Registered
592 Posts

·
Banned
8,938 Posts

·
Mufasa in Training
32,835 Posts
that has gotta be the nicest laguna blue i seen, it is really clean
Rich (I think he posts here, definitely on M.net) has the nicest Laguna I've seen, but his is well modded.

For a stock car, this one ain't too bad, tho :)
IMHO, i would say The Blue Potato is the best looking (modded) Laguna Blue. But im a biased a bit, heheheh (^_^)

PhatMiata
Good point...I was kinda thinking of stock looking cars. Peter's car is almost a completely different animal ;)

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Okay, time to mod Bryans car somemore, did you sell that Carbon Fiber racing seat yet? that should give you some more play money right?

PhatMiata (^_^)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts