821 - 840 of 25721 Posts

·
The slam struggle continues
1,885 Posts

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
Re: Random Thoughts 4.0

Only thing I see interesting between the east coast and California is Colorado, and it is still surrounded by nothing.

·
The slam struggle continues
1,885 Posts

I want to refinish my wheels in the most outrageous way possible this winter.

·
enormous gay swords.
6,360 Posts

Not a fan of having everything ripped to **** by a hurricane every decade or so.
Meh. I've walked out of every hurricane so far with $0 in property damages...even that year when we got 4 in a row. The **** houses get blown down and built back up to code, the old trees fall over and new ones get replanted, and the old wooden power poles get torn down and the cool concrete ones get put up. All it means is we get awesome new infrastructure.

Hurricanes are better than tornadoes, earthquakes, blizzards, flash floods, landslides, forest fires, droughts, and all the other crap you guys in other states get to deal with.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,601 Posts

Would you like some snow? Usually have plenty up here.
Nah...when we do get snow, it can be up to a foot or two (plus ice) which is plenty enough for me. When you don't have time to play in the snow, it ceases to be as fun and interesting. I also grew up juuuuuuuust south of Ohio's snow belt, so I got used to missing lots of school in the winters.
I wouldn't live anywhere in the northern midwest. The value isn't there for me. If I wanted snow and cold, I'd move to the northern states along the coast - the water regulates temp and I could be in / around the ocean all summer long. Anywhere else is cold, snow without the added benefit of the ocean.
That's fair. I'm sure if I didn't grow up here, I probably wouldn't be crazy about it, either. It's where I'm from and I like it--I don't love it. It doesn't lack enough to make me want to leave, and I can't think of too many places that I'd be willing to lose what I do like about living here (cheap real estate for starters) to leave.

Geez...I sure make this place seem like some kind of purgatory :lol:

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts

Ohio sucks. Florida rules. Only other state I'd live in is Colorado(maybe Utah) as I like snowboarding.

·
Vendor
7,491 Posts

San Diego sounds nice, minus the SMOG, taxes, and drought.
LOL, you live in Arizona! You're in a drought too. And smog? What smog? Not to sound like I'm overly defending San Diego, but it's a city my hubby and I have actually considered relocating to.

There are nice places in AZ ("nice places" everywhere, of course) but I think I just gotta have me some ocean. I think that's my draw to the West coast. That and I'm most familiar with it.

821 - 840 of 25721 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.