ClubRoadster.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
30001 - 30012 of 30012 Posts

·
100% Jakedashian
7,059 Posts
Considering buying a supercharged 3800 for my Riviera and putting the naturally aspirated 3800 in my Miata. 200hp and 220lb*ft of torque would be fun as hell in a Miata. Would the stock 5-speed be up to handling that? Could make an adapter plate for the bell housing.... hmm.

·
I will find you. And I will kill you.
3,191 Posts
Considering buying a supercharged 3800 for my Riviera and putting the naturally aspirated 3800 in my Miata. 200hp and 220lb*ft of torque would be fun as hell in a Miata. Would the stock 5-speed be up to handling that? Could make an adapter plate for the bell housing.... hmm.
How much extra weight would that put on the front end? As I recall that has an iron block.

·
Vendor
7,491 Posts
I don't know why I wake up tired and stay tired all day. it's really starting to bug me.
Sleeping issues? My carpal tunnel has flared up again, I'm blaming the cross stitch I've been doing. My hand falls asleep at night even when I wear the wrist brace. So my sleep has been far less than optimal.

Aunt's condition has not changed apparently.

·
Traitor!
4,453 Posts
Uggggghhhhhh!!!!!

Twilight Blue Mica hardtop just popped up for sale.

Not that it would really match, since paint on my car is garbage and even if I were to get it repainted it would have to be done too in order to actually match the car....so I guess it's not a big deal after all.

Carry on.

·
100% Jakedashian
7,059 Posts
How much extra weight would that put on the front end? As I recall that has an iron block.
The 3800 Series II weighs 392 lbs. Miata 1.6l longblock weighs 228 lbs. An LS1, amusingly, weighs 400lbs even, but a 3800 would be easier to cram into a Miata's engine bay and I'm far more familiar with the engine itself. Of course, nothing is going to happen unless I blow up my 1.6, which probably won't take long. : 3gears:

30001 - 30012 of 30012 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.