ClubRoadster.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
11541 - 11560 of 30012 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
I got the letter of project death in the mail today. I have ten days to move my miata or else. And what's funny, is I don't even have plates on the car. The only way they would've been able to run it is by VIN.
Number one reason to not own a place with a HOA. Also a good reason to not rent an apartment.

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
If u dont live in a big city, a storage unit should be pretty cheap to rent. I always kept my cars in storage until i moved to DC area.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,875 Posts

·
Chinchilla Rancher
3,880 Posts
And? I don't think gerbils are capable of disappointment.
Its pretty disappointing when they eat their young.

Had gerbils when I was a kid for a couple years or so. Fun little critters. Two were given to us from our neighbors at the time. Two quickly became 50 or so over the course of having them. It was fun making interesting cages for them.

·
Murse Magnet
7,719 Posts
Number one reason to not own a place with a HOA. Also a good reason to not rent an apartment.

I'm waiting for my hoa to get mad about the bus. It's a passenger vehicle. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

·
Traitor!
4,453 Posts
Breaking up with my girlfriend today.

She's right, it's not fair to me to be in a relationship with someone who is in love with someone else. It's been nearly a year, you'd think she could own up to it before now.

Good riddance and good luck trying to find happiness with the fetid piece of pig **** you *really* love.

But I digress. I'm going to get drunk tonight and hang out with friends.

·
Like an oven.
1,513 Posts
Breaking up with my girlfriend today.

She's right, it's not fair to me to be in a relationship with someone who is in love with someone else. It's been nearly a year, you'd think she could own up to it before now.

Good riddance and good luck trying to find happiness with the fetid piece of pig **** you *really* love.

But I digress. I'm going to get drunk tonight and hang out with friends.
Sorry to hear that man.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Thank you. I really need to pick up "Sled Driver", because I liked a lot of the Blackbird jock stories I read in Ben Rich's "Skunk Works".
You would love to just talk airplanes with my grandpa. He's got a lot of funny stories. He even helped steal an airplane once lol. (so everyone doesn't think ill of my grandpa, a friend sold an airplane, the check bounced, the purchaser refused to pay, so my grandpa flew the friend to another airport to steal the aircraft back and hide it until payment was made. Pretty fun story).

·
Mufasa in Training
32,875 Posts
Sorry to hear that man.
Very much so.

What is it with RT lately and bad breakups?
You would love to just talk airplanes with my grandpa. He's got a lot of funny stories. He even helped steal an airplane once lol. (so everyone doesn't think ill of my grandpa, a friend sold an airplane, the check bounced, the purchaser refused to pay, so my grandpa flew the friend to another airport to steal the aircraft back and hide it until payment was made. Pretty fun story).
I'd love to hear that story over a friendly beer :lol:

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Very much so.

What is it with RT lately and bad breakups?

I'd love to hear that story over a friendly beer :lol:
well neither he nor I drink, but if you are ever in phoenix, We can all meet up for a burger and he can flood you with funny aviation related stories.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Thug grandpa for life?
WWII vet, owned his own business, engineer making electronics for the first guided missiles, drove an airplane down the main street of town at 2 am because he had bought it in parts and built it at home and needed to get it to the airport...

Met Mr. Nehru while india was still under british sovereignty.

Drove a Berkeley foursome.

Rebuilt 2 airplanes, a tailorcraft antique aircraft and a mooney, I don't know how many dozens of cars...

He's a pretty amazing guy.

·
Traitor!
4,453 Posts
Well after a long talk it's not what I thought, I overreacted :lol:

Insert foot in mouth.

We're okay, she just needs some time to sort through some stuff she never got a chance to when we first got together.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Welp.

This could lead to awkwardness in the future, I hope neither of you hold any resentment over this apparent fiasco (outsider's perspective knowing nothing of your relationship).

·
Murse Magnet
7,719 Posts
I made it to the Everglades with a bunch of other buses and I made it back alive. I found out the hard way that the bus leaks water and my wipers don't work. I still had fun.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,875 Posts
WWII vet, owned his own business, engineer making electronics for the first guided missiles, drove an airplane down the main street of town at 2 am because he had bought it in parts and built it at home and needed to get it to the airport...

Rebuilt 2 airplanes, a tailorcraft antique aircraft and a mooney, I don't know how many dozens of cars...

Yeah...this dude sounds pretty awesome :smile:

Well after a long talk it's not what I thought, I overreacted :lol:

Insert foot in mouth.

We're okay, she just needs some time to sort through some stuff she never got a chance to when we first got together.
Hey, as long as you can admit it (to her, especially), you're doing OK.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts

Where was he in WW2, which service? My Dad was a gunner in the 808 Batt. Tank Destroyers, he is 93.

11541 - 11560 of 30012 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.