ClubRoadster.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
12541 - 12560 of 12573 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Is this just because they're cheaper to fix?
I was told if the house catches fire, all they have to do is gut the interior, have an inspector come out and certify the building is still sound, and they can rebuild the interior.

Regarding being hot/cool: If it's properly insulated with a good HVAC system, it's no different than a regular home.

·
I will find you. And I will kill you.
3,023 Posts
Been noticing ape hanger bars on Harleys are back in vogue in my area. No idea why as your ability to control the bike goes right out the window. It's comparable to stretching tires on wheels.

Dropped the Camaro off at the body shop yesterday. Finally got back to the Miata today only to discover somehow my measurements were way off for the shims I had installed, so had to order another 12 shims. Here's hoping they show up quicker than the last batch.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I guess I'm thinking of metal buildings differently. I think of sheds, not anything that would be nice to be in or insulated. Any metal building I can remember being in, I have no interest in living inside. I like actual houses.

Googled.. yep.. some just look like sheds. Some other, though, look pretty interesting.

·
ガラーズ・フ&#
2,125 Posts
It's a Spanish origin 'Velo-dog' style revolver.

I couldn't find the exact manufacturer, but all the proof marks are Spanish origin.

Go here: http://www.velodogs.com/ and then do a page search for Spanish until you get to the Spanish section.
Wow, that is definitely the spanish velodog! There's just no makers mark on it... at least none of those mentioned on that site... just the common moon and star, lion and cross under a crown

·
100% Jakedashian
6,715 Posts
I was told if the house catches fire, all they have to do is gut the interior, have an inspector come out and certify the building is still sound, and they can rebuild the interior.
Wow, I had no idea. That's really cool.

Been noticing ape hanger bars on Harleys are back in vogue in my area. No idea why as your ability to control the bike goes right out the window. It's comparable to stretching tires on wheels.
Those are all over the place here. I rode a Shadow 750 with ape hangers and it's every bit as uncomfortable and unwieldy as it looks.

·
Administrator
15,204 Posts
I guess I'm thinking of metal buildings differently. I think of sheds, not anything that would be nice to be in or insulated. Any metal building I can remember being in, I have no interest in living inside. I like actual houses.

Googled.. yep.. some just look like sheds. Some other, though, look pretty interesting.

Some definitely look like sheds/barns. Which is perfect, because as we've learned here in RT, the Midwest is 100% farmland.

·
Administrator
15,204 Posts
There's a 2 acre lot i'm going to drive past this week. Strangely, no corn currently planted on it.

There's a smaller 1 acre wooded lot about 6 minutes from me that i might prefer, despite being in a more congested area, but worried about cost to build on being much higher. Might end up a wash after i pay for landscaping/trees on the 2 acre lot i suppose.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I didn't even live in the middle of nowhere. I was in Southport.. pretty sure that's it. That was a long time ago. But there was corn in every nook and cranny. I like corn and all, just the fields are kind creepy. Lots of bugs.

·
Administrator
15,204 Posts
I didn't even live in the middle of nowhere. I was in Southport.. pretty sure that's it. That was a long time ago. But there was corn in every nook and cranny. I like corn and all, just the fields are kind creepy. Lots of bugs.

Yes Southport Rd is the next street over. I don't think i have corn within 5 minutes of me. Maybe 15 minutes. And when i say next street over, i mean Southport is closer to "the city" than I am.

Did you live here like 20 years ago? :lol:

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Umm... 13 year ago I think. I remember that I went to go look at an apartment that was pretty close to 65 and not that far south of Southport and I had to drive past cornfields to get there. They were really new. Probably not surrounded by corn anymore. I worked right downtown, first accounting job out of college. 300 N. Meridian. Froze my tail off during the winter but loved walking around downtown in the summer. The Circle is so pretty. Favorite day was the one you could go down there and get strawberry shortcake and eat by the giant fountain.

I've only technically been back twice since then, both stops on road trips. Had dinner up in Carmel last September.

·
Administrator
15,204 Posts
Umm... 13 year ago I think. I remember that I went to go look at an apartment that was pretty close to 65 and not that far south of Southport and I had to drive past cornfields to get there. They were really new. Probably not surrounded by corn anymore. I worked right downtown, first accounting job out of college. 300 N. Meridian. Froze my tail off during the winter but loved walking around downtown in the summer. The Circle is so pretty. Favorite day was the one you could go down there and get strawberry shortcake and eat by the giant fountain.

I've only technically been back twice since then, both stops on road trips. Had dinner up in Carmel last September.

Weird, I've been here..... 12 years. But was in Greenwood (worked downtown) until the last 6-7 years or so. That whole area you're talking about has blown up.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,668 Posts
Hey guys...feels like it's been an eternity since I was on here!

Got a couple more parts for the car ordered.

My son made it through his first group of skating lessons. Now onto Hockey skating :)

·
I have all the correct opinions.
8,834 Posts
Hey guys...feels like it's been an eternity since I was on here!

Got a couple more parts for the car ordered.

My son made it through his first group of skating lessons. Now onto Hockey skating :)

Can I join his class? :lol:

I skated through high school and just got back to a rink recently... maybe I’m special but it was not like getting back on a bike. Yikes.

·
Super Moderator
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,559
Bryan, are you gonna get your son his own pair of skates? If so, make sure you keep them sharpened properly. His skating coach should have a recommendation for how often he will need them done. A lot of parents new to the sport neglect equipment maintenance and it really can hold back your progression. It's hard to focus on the rest of your game when you can't make skating second nature due to dull blades.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
My god being a grown-up fucking sucks. My accomplishment of the day is securing a larger recycling bin for our new house. The ones left by the previous owner were too small for my tree-hugging self and I did not think there were any larger ones available from the city.

Yaaaayyy.... ish.

12541 - 12560 of 12573 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.