ClubRoadster.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
12561 - 12573 of 12573 Posts

·
100% Jakedashian
7,265 Posts
Bah. A/C condenser drain line in the apartment is clogged, I think. Something is leaking water from the HVAC unit which is upstairs. Discovered this when a soggy ceiling tile fell and landed on the toilet. Great. Gotta call maintenance now (who doesn't speak English) but first I need to clean the place up a little so we don't look like the slobs we actually are.

EDIT: I had no idea the Gorillaz had come out with stuff since Plastic Beach and I've been in heaven binging all the music and music videos and lore updates. I can't adequately describe the odd feeling of realizing that the fictional band member you remember as a being 12 year old girl in Phase 1 is in her late 20s now.

·
Super Moderator
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,562
My new apartment has a nice set up for recycling. There are 5 apartments in this building and the town gave us 2 huge recycling bins on wheels. They are the 60+ gallon cans that they use the special truck to pick up and dump. We never have issues overloading them. At my house they gave us a 30 gallon can and they only pick it up bi-weekly. Everyone on my block usually has that overflowing and then several more bags of recycles sitting beside it. I have no idea why they don't pick up weekly there, they could definitely justify it with how much people put out.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
My god being a grown-up fucking sucks.
Yep.

Spent the last month in & out of doctors with questions about my health.

No answers. None. At all.

But I did get a bunch of great bills that wind up with me paying a bunch out of pocket & my insurance covering none of it.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
EDIT: I had no idea the Gorillaz had come out with stuff since Plastic Beach and I've been in heaven binging all the music and music videos and lore updates. I can't adequately describe the odd feeling of realizing that the fictional band member you remember as a being 12 year old girl in Phase 1 is in her late 20s now.

And I can't believe I was listening to both Del and Damon Albarn literally in the early 90's. I love Gorillaz, but they took me a minute to wrap my head around. Like.. how did this happen?

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I became a grown-up today and closed on my house.... Living that 3 car garage life you guys were dreaming about yesterday
Mega-adult here... my recent home purchase was my fourth.

I'm so tired of moving. I need to chill for a few years and just enjoy this house. Not that I want to live in NC/SC for the rest of my life by any means, but the next move will not be soon. Maybe back to the west coast or to a far away country. I still want to move to Australia.

·
Administrator
15,383 Posts
Mega-adult here... my recent home purchase was my fourth.

I'm so tired of moving. I need to chill for a few years and just enjoy this house. Not that I want to live in NC/SC for the rest of my life by any means, but the next move will not be soon. Maybe back to the west coast or to a far away country. I still want to move to Australia.

Have you considered some place nice and central? Like Wichita?

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Hmm.... now that's a thought. From what I hear, I could buy about half the city for the price of my west coast house. Sounds like a fun place, too.

·
Administrator
15,383 Posts
Shutting this one down on page 420 hashtag yolo.

12561 - 12573 of 12573 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.