No, those are not OEM.

·
Registered
441 Posts
is the a rally car. no.. get them off now

·
Registered
441 Posts
i have a pair of THOSE in white actually, i removed them from my white car as didnt like them, if you want them send me an offer!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Mud guards rule, I can't wait to get mine. :D

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
THe ones in the above pic are the early "rare" short mud gaurds.

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Mudguards FTL :?

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I've always thought they were an inexpensive way to get a wider looking car. If I wanted them I'd definitely get the short early ones as I don't like anything rubbing against the metal on the rear quarter panels.

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
I've always thought they were an inexpensive way to get a wider looking car. If I wanted them I'd definitely get the short early ones as I don't like anything rubbing against the metal on the rear quarter panels.
I've always preferred the look of the car without them; just personal preference. On my last Roadster, I fitted the longer style in 2001. In 2004, I removed them prior to the car being repainted. Under each, was rust developing where the plastic had rubbed the metal. On my present S-Spec 2, the same flaps have worn the paint. Unless I get the wings repainted, I'm stuck with them :( ....unless I can get hold of the EU-spec finishing pieces which bridged the join between the mudlap and wing. I can only presume they did this in anticipation of the shorter style mudflaps creating a new rust trap. On the M2-1001, these pieces were fitted as spats, and would cover the worn paint on my M8 car. Unfortunately, no longer available from Mazda, though there are a few companies making replicas now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts