ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just test fitted my AK 1 flares and was wondering if anyone has any experience with brands and types of white that would be close to the white for my 93? i know there are different brands that would match, and want to know if there is one that is very close.

i am going to have the car resprayed in the future once i get some maintenance and mods done first, so i dont see the point of having the flares professionally painted now. i know of automotive touch up and have bought paint from them for my RX8 and it was a pretty good match, but for my miata i cant justify spending that much for paint since there is a wide variety of white paint available, compared to the paint code for my rx8 which was difficult or non-existent to find on shelves.

·
Registered
586 Posts
From what I've been through, I haven't find any that match first gen's crystal white. So I bought some touch up from automotive touch up just to realize that my og paint has gone through **** and now I have one clean looking fender that doesn't match the body lol

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Iirc there is a website that sells factory colors in a spray can
yea i mentioned the website, AutomotiveTouchUp.com

but i was just testing the waters for other options. its around 20 something for a can and i figure i would need 2.

i was wondering if anyone has any experience with one they can buy off the shelf at a cheaper cost.

·
Rezist Is Nature
1,127 Posts
I spend around 50 on to spray cans. Came out perfect but to try to match it's gonna be hard

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From what I've been through, I haven't find any that match first gen's crystal white. So I bought some touch up from automotive touch up just to realize that my og paint has gone through **** and now I have one clean looking fender that doesn't match the body lol
hmm good point! i think the paint on my miata is the original as well. i could not find any evidence of an over spray at all.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I spend around 50 on to spray cans. Came out perfect but to try to match it's gonna be hard
well i can settle with "close enough".

and like they mentioned above, even if i get some paint from automotivetouchup with the same paint code, it wont match because of original paint.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't see why it won't match, have you seen this thread?
because paint that is 18 years old is expected to fade.

thanks for the link, cant believe he got those results with a rattle can!

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
If you are going to get the car professionally painted eventually then why paint them now?

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Agreed. They wouldn't look too bad of you just did a flat black for the time being...

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
yea i mentioned the website, AutomotiveTouchUp.com

but i was just testing the waters for other options. its around 20 something for a can and i figure i would need 2.

i was wondering if anyone has any experience with one they can buy off the shelf at a cheaper cost.
i used them on my vis bumper. ohter then factory is a 1 stage paint and this required a clear. i was impressed with the results

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
Oh man, I have never seen your car be good. It so good.

On topic, if you are afraid of it being to faded buff the car and it won't be.

·
(/゚Д゚)/
3,019 Posts
Ace Hardware - White Gloss was pretty close. Not exact, but for $2 bucks a can I'm not disappointed. I did my entire front bumper.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts