ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i gots a question!!ive been getting into scale buggies like the hpi apache c1 and the axial exo terra buggy and im still shopping around,are there any suggestions?ive read bad reviews about the axial and the hpi is just too damn expensive.does anybody have other options?i dont care if its a kit or rtr.

also ive been at the axial scx10 aswell so anything scale i guess.i just dont want something so exaggerated like a wheelie king or like a t-maxx but i kinda dont want a full race truck/buggy...sorry for such specific :whistle:

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they dont make that many scale things,although i do like their short course trucks

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have an axial scx10 that i made a jeep body for and its awesome for scale crawling. It's geared pretty low so it doesn't go fast but you get great throttle control. The stock motor has plenty of power and the battery life is pretty good too. I've put mine through its paces and nothing has broken yet. Even took it through some muddy water. You just need to maintain it.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah im really leaning towards the scx10 but its just the fact that it is geared low,not complaining though,i mean i know its function but if i see like an open dirt area i still wanna tear it up.thats kinda why i wanted the exo because it kinda has both worlds but i dont wanna buy an expensive kit w/o electronics if the the motor mount and chassis are gonna break,you know??

·
Registered
46 Posts
losi off road and team associated on road for me. never a HPI fan.

·
Registered
268 Posts
yeah im really leaning towards the scx10 but its just the fact that it is geared low,not complaining though,i mean i know its function but if i see like an open dirt area i still wanna tear it up.thats kinda why i wanted the exo because it kinda has both worlds but i dont wanna buy an expensive kit w/o electronics if the the motor mount and chassis are gonna break,you know??
you should get the axial wraith then

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ill look into the wraith but i was at a local hobby store and i was messing with a demo traxxas slash and its pretty awesome and all the hop up parts are nice but ill look into the wraith

·
Registered
243 Posts
Don't get a solid axle machine if you ever wanna bash in an open dirt area at any speed more than about 5 mph. It'll bounce all over the place. I really really like the axial exo. I currently have an hpi blitz, associated sc10, associated t4, and a tamiya ta-05 drifter. I think you'd enjoy the blitz if you wanted to save a good deal over the exo.

Traxxas kits are built for beginners and are quite overpriced for the performance and functionality they provide. They're far and away the popular choice so they get jacked up in price. I wouldn't stop you from getting one, but there's often better choices out there.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im looking for something 4wd though,im trying to make it as opposite as my car as possible ha

·
Banned
148 Posts
What do you guys reccomend for an electric car? Prefer a RTR kit.

I want a 2wd buggy like one of those Team Associated RC10 B3s?

Also I have been out of the r/c hobby for years now, are brushless motors in and those motors with the brushes obsolete?

·
Registered
68 Posts
ok, as angels said, TRAXXAS SUCKS! strictly junk. if you want anything scale nothing beats a Tamiya kit. they are the most realistic rc "model" company. if you want something with a great build quality id stick with Losi or AE kits. my factory team B4 is an awesome buggy and all of my pan cars use parts off the AE L4. tossing around the idea of getting a Losi short course truck since that seems to be all thats being raced locally these days and i ran a AE sc10 and it was awesome just like the way the losi acts in the air better. in reality just stay away from traxxas. ive had nothing but problems with anything ive gotten from them. EVERYTHING ive gotten from AE and Losi has been awesome. ive been racing for about 15 years. been around it a while now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts