ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: NB Technotoy Irtb manifold

Hi, I am new here. Start to build a ITB to a VVT engine. I have no idea how to connect the air flow sensor & IAT after install the ITBs.
Can someone share me some guidelines ?

·
Registered
176 Posts

The only way to do so (to retain the factory ECU) is building an airtight airbox around the ITBs

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thx HarryB,
I am going to use ME221 PNP ECU from UK, I trying to get some information from them also. How u guys connect if using MS or Adaptronic ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Oh, too bad. Cos I bought ME221 already, hope it works. BTW, MS can dump the airflow sensor ? How is it connect the pigtail ?
I trying to use the NB TPS fit to the ITB, do anyone try that before ? :smile:

·
Super Moderator
6,343 Posts

Not familiar with the ME but given that it's a MS copy it should probably be able to do Alpha-N. The airflow sensor shouldn't be needed for an ITB setup. You'll need the TPS fron the NB for Alpha-N. The plug on the TPS won't match but you can just splice the wires to get the signal back to the ECU. Plenty of threads on that on Miataturbo.

·
Administrator
15,093 Posts

1) The ME dudes are scumbags
2) Any standalone with 10-20 year old tech can ditch a MAF/AFM/VAF/etc. In fact, it's unlikely that any would play nice with the miata MAF anyways.
3) Use whatever TPS fits your throttles

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

The ME221 come with a built in MAP sensor, I guess can dump the OEM Air Flow sensor after using the MAP sensor.

·
Registered
32 Posts

Nice Irtb setup for an NB up for a sweet price on eBay right now. IRTB's will use the TPS for operation rather than the MAP used with standard or turbo. MAP can be blended in for steady state conditions. ME221 supports this function and is used in the UK by Skuzzle and Blink for their Miata performance packages. You will likely want to look at adding in idle control if you are retaining things like air conditioning, etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Just find some ITBs information. By using the MAP sensor, the OEM MAF can bypass, no need to connect.
My ITBS

1 - 12 of 12 Posts