ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit of a funny one, but mabey someone?s had it? sorry if its in the wrong place! :oops:

I?ve got a noise coming from the diff / proshaft. Its not consistent, and it?s a squeak, related directly to the speed of the prop (not the wheels), and the squeak seems to be amplified by the prop. I have taken the prop off, and all the universal joints are smooth and seem to be fine.
I?ve used a stethoscope and can?t source the noise either! I?ve tightened up all the subframe bolts too.

If I put the car in reverse, and turn hard lock for example, there is a squeaking noise that sounds like something is rocking almost, and when driving at low speeds, you can hear it squeaking and ticking. There is no damage to the prop, it looks perfectly balanced, and I have put new diff oil in, and there were no metal chunks in the mag plug. It has an LSD.

Its not driving me mad, but it does sound like something that needs attention fast, could it be Dry rear propshaft joints?

Cheers folks!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Places to check..

Wheel bearing binding while turning underload.
Can also be CV joints while underload!
Sway bar bushings causing poping (Mine were poping because there was not enough grease put on them)
If you have polly bushings installed they tend to pop as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts