ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on the Miata forums but didn't get many responses, and I figured you guys would know a little more about this. You seem to be more my style, not afraid to go nuts with your cars :D

Anyway, I currently have a mostly stock 92 C package. I cut out the rear bumper for a custom dual exhaust system, but I recently saw a center exit exhaust and fell in love with it. Unfortunately, it seems that I would have to buy a bumper replacement to be able to do this, unless I cut out the entire center section of the rear bumper, and I don't realy want to try that. Any suggestions? I was thinking after market possibly..

The center exhaust will be of my own fabrication. I'll post pics if I ever find a way to do it :)

M

·
0 Posts
It's not JDM, but...

Simpson flush bumper, soon to be world-famous on Mr. Woolery's Thuper Toad.

"No exhaust holes are cut so you can cut the cover to work with any system modifications that you have already done or are planning to do."

Price is $350

http://www.simpsondesign.net/bumper.htm

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I JUST ran across that... I may look into it. Thanks a lot!

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
I really like the Jubiride rear, single center exit.

and this is off topic but....

:shock:

looks good.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Well, you've already modified your stock rear bumper beyond what you want for a center exit. To do it cheap get a stock replacement rear bumper cover (junkyard, eBay, Mazdaspeed, generic body shop parts supplier), cut a single hole in the center for the exhaust, and finish it with an aluminum trim panel or a carbon fiber trim ring.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
and then you can add a reverse light in the stock right side exit. :D

·
Registered
441 Posts
the jurbiride car looks awesome!!

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Or how about something like this? It's short like the Simpson Design bumper. You could place the exhaust cut out wherever you'd like.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Hmm, I think I am doing that on my Miata this weekend.. I added a full sized 14" with tire to my trunk, so I should shed some weight.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Hmm...

Too bad I have such an ugly rusted-ass muffer I am trying to hide.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts