ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on the Miata forums but didn't get many responses, and I figured you guys would know a little more about this. You seem to be more my style, not afraid to go nuts with your cars :D

Anyway, I currently have a mostly stock 92 C package. I cut out the rear bumper for a custom dual exhaust system, but I recently saw a center exit exhaust and fell in love with it. Unfortunately, it seems that I would have to buy a bumper replacement to be able to do this, unless I cut out the entire center section of the rear bumper, and I don't realy want to try that. Any suggestions? I was thinking after market possibly..

The center exhaust will be of my own fabrication. I'll post pics if I ever find a way to do it :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I JUST ran across that... I may look into it. Thanks a lot!

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
I really like the Jubiride rear, single center exit.

and this is off topic but....

:shock:

looks good.

·
Supporting Member
12,262 Posts
Well, you've already modified your stock rear bumper beyond what you want for a center exit. To do it cheap get a stock replacement rear bumper cover (junkyard, eBay, Mazdaspeed, generic body shop parts supplier), cut a single hole in the center for the exhaust, and finish it with an aluminum trim panel or a carbon fiber trim ring.

·
Registered
441 Posts
the jurbiride car looks awesome!!

·
Supporting Member
12,262 Posts
Or how about something like this? It's short like the Simpson Design bumper. You could place the exhaust cut out wherever you'd like.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Hmm, I think I am doing that on my Miata this weekend.. I added a full sized 14" with tire to my trunk, so I should shed some weight.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Hmm...

Too bad I have such an ugly rusted-ass muffer I am trying to hide.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts