ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I recently joined this forum and got warm welcomes here as well.please don't mind my stupid question since I'm already too confused with the part and what type...so I took the flying miata alignment spec (stock and slightly lowered one) to a shop and got my car aligned after installing coilovers..the rears got the toe fixed but the camber is a bit negative which I am trying to pull out a little bit to get least camber wear and according to the shop my car is maxed out and I need control arms or camber bolts now to go more positive..where can I get a reasonable price on the rear control arms which allows adjustments or is there something else I should look into? As for the height of my car the rear tires which are 205 50 15s are not tucked in even a tiny bit.
Thanks in advance

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
You can look into custom rear extended control arms along with some new eccentric bolts. That should do the trick. Finding a shop or person that's does it well is the hard part.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've been running both of those upper control arms for three years now with only one issue.. Hit a really big pot hole and snap the rear adjustment (the threads) where the arm bolt on the knuckle. But I contact the seller and he sent me a replacement. Also the bushings are MUCH stiffer then stock or even then the Polyurethane. Made a huge difference in over all handling. a must for the weekend X SIR!!!

·
I wanna go fast
2,781 Posts
I have a set of ebay ones. They work great and have for years. The only problem is the bushing squeaks a little.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all so much for your time and help...I really appreciate it...hope I get it fxed and see some of you guys at socm :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also I would like to get something else than ebay stuff.are the rear upper control arms on the NA and NB same application.coz o found Megan's for NA but nothing for nb

·
Registered
658 Posts
Thank you all so much for your time and help...I really appreciate it...hope I get it fxed and see some of you guys at socm :)

none of the people u just talked to will be at socm.

·
Registered
716 Posts
A very minor effect and really only if you're running extreme camber. If your toe is off, you will shred tires
Define "extreme" please. :fp:

I run about 2* up front and have significant, but not alarming, inner tread wear.

2.1* in the rear does the same. It's on my DD 99, which currently has blizzacks on it, running the same settings.

Toe out is what kills tires. Toe in is factory spec, and has very little affect.

BTW: I'm a mechanic and align cars for a living. :whistle:

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Define "extreme" please. :fp:

I run about 2* up front and have significant, but not alarming, inner tread wear.

2.1* in the rear does the same. It's on my DD 99, which currently has blizzacks on it, running the same settings.

Toe out is what kills tires. Toe in is factory spec, and has very little affect.

BTW: I'm a mechanic and align cars for a living. :whistle:
I can go ahead and tell you that 2* is not extreme at all. and he didn't indicate which toe, but he is not wrong, as its understood by most people that toe out is usually not good for tire wear (ie he did not spoonfeed).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts