ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[/URL][/IMG]

I saw this car when searching google images for Miatas with SSR MK1 13's and just love it and want it on my car , read the description but didn't get what its called...

Is that section fiberglass or plastic , can I buy this or is it home made? ANy other info or threads on it all very appreciated.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Carbonmiata also sells them and you get an option of fiberglass, carbon fiber, or carbon kevlar. Cheaper too and they make quality parts. I have their normal carbon fiber finish panel myself. Want the smooth look but not sure on where the license plate would go lol.

http://www.carbonmiata.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=86_20&product_id=67
Awesome I will check those out !!!

Is the OEM one made of ABS or FRP pls?

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts
He already knows it looks fucking gay as ****, but he wants to flaunt his faggotness so it works perfectly for him.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He already knows it looks fucking gay as ****, but he wants to flaunt his faggotness so it works perfectly for him.
Whats up with you little buddy ?

Did you get told off on miataturbo.net again?

Did you get told off on miataturbo.net again?
HahahahXD you guys are too much

Its not gay , its like a pair of jeans on an an ass , the Miata is called gay because of the number plate slot its like a bum crack to the minds eye (the subconscious) of the everyday regular non-Roadster lover man.

Lol I just think it looks different , now if that's gay you must be homophobic :smile11:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Plus remember a non NC Miata is a VERY RARE CAR here in Japan , not sure bout the US but I see a Miata like once in a blue moon like once in two three weeks , not bullshitting. Even on the bases they are rare and there is only one for sale in the American classifieds right now.
I imagine you see too many slammed Miatas where you're from and its some trend with those kids?

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
i wish i could rock it but i need to have two plates here.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i wish i could rock it but i need to have two plates here.
I might try make one , I can find the stock part quite easy and cheap , what are they make of? same stuff as the bumpers? I don't think so because I have seen that they shatter when broken.

·
Registered
796 Posts
It's a composite panel so fiberglass will work really good on it. As large scale fiberglass repairs goes this one would be pretty easy if you are handy. You can probably do it for about 10% the cost of buying one.

I'd fill the void with foam then make a patch with a couple layers of fiberglass. Use something like dura glass or any fiberglass based body filler to get the body lines perfect. It's the same way guys make fiberglass flairs over foam blocks so just google around on how to do that to learn how to do it. Fiberglass is easy to work with and if you mess it up it's easy to redo.

For the antenna hole I used 22 ga sheet metal because it sticks better to metal than anything else does. I put the little square on the back side

and welded it in.

I got the body lines back right with Dura glass body filler

And painted

For what it's worth I've never seen another Miata in the area I live in and I doubt there is one for at least 50 miles in any direction. It's kind of fun because people have no idea what the car is.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts