ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen any rear diffuser for the miatas...why?
The only one I found is the one in the picture (isn't it awesome?)
Anyway it seems like a custom job and it is from a German mx-5...

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
The reason you don't see many is because most Roadsters can't go fast enough to benefit from one. Plus to be really effective they must be designed as part of a complete aerodynamic package including a flat floor. While many Roadster enthusiasts seem to value function over form there still is a large number of folks who value purely cosmetic body modifications.

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
theres a member on the board who customed fit a CF diffuser off of a rx7

·
Registered
239 Posts
The reason you don't see many is because most Roadsters can't go fast enough to benefit from one. Plus to be really effective they must be designed as part of a complete aerodynamic package including a flat floor. While many Roadster enthusiasts seem to value function over form there still is a large number of folks who value purely cosmetic body modifications.
and a lot of those cosmetic conscious roadster enthusiasts are on this board, lol.

i've seen a fair share of roadsters that can benefit from a diffuser. and it would even help with regualr highway driving at 60+ mph.

it'll probably be a year or two, but i plan on making myself one out of sheetmetal, including covering the whole underbod with louvered panels.

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts