ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can I do??

My rear finish panel has started cracking. Right after I bought the car I noticed cracks next to the license plate, and now there's a crack on the left side between the taillight and LP. It got worse in the last couple of days and is now cracked all the way through.

I hate having to buy OEM parts, but I may have to for this one since the Garage Vary conversion kit is like $900. Are there any other options here? When I have to replace something I usually like to go to something aftermarket but I don't know how many options I have for this part...

Thanks!

·
Registered
484 Posts
learn to fiber glass and repair it yourself. seriously it will save you so much money. unless you are just wanted to buy something new. i bought a broken rear panel for 20 dollars and i repaired it looking like new.

·
Registered
206 Posts
After replacing a few of them at over $200 a pop for new replacements, I decided to make one from scratch out of sheet aluminum. It looks pretty good. I will post pics as soon as I can. As for repairing them, I have been there and done that. And I can say that it is a waste of time. The cracks will return and then will form in other places. Apparently, they get brittle after time in the sun. You can buy a carbon fiber version for about $400.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought about the CF version... it would probably hold up better.

Are there any other conversion kits or am I stuck with the GV for now?

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
You could also get the Barchetta integrated flush rear bumper/finish panel. That would be hot and sexy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts