ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
RHD Jdm yo
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a few bushings bad on the right rear knuckle, so i need to replace em. any ideas?
did a quick google, and only found the control arm bushings.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Energy makes them. Though I don't know if you can buy just individual pieces from them. If you were to order a set of rear arm bushings through them (fairly cheap) they should be included for both sides.

·
RHD Jdm yo
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
relaly? for the knuckle part, not the arm side?

any idea which kit has them?
ill just order a kit then, but my right rear knuckle has a 1/4 inch of movement becuase of it, so its pretty much parked for now lol

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
They include a bushing for the upper section of the knuckle that connects to the upper arm at the very least. Not sure if that is the piece that is worn out on yours or not.

edit: This was the Master kit that included it. Not sure if individual arm kits would.

·
RHD Jdm yo
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i may just have to get a master kit.
poopie. I need to replace them all anyways and reinforce the arms, and lengthen my upper control arm too

·
RHD Jdm yo
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i did it on a 240, a 66 galalxie 500 w 390, and i guess ill do this one too. it isnt that bad with a press and lift. shouldnt take more than a weekend

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
i did it on a 240, a 66 galalxie 500 w 390, and i guess ill do this one too. it isnt that bad with a press and lift. shouldnt take more than a weekend
A long day with a press at most. Don't forget to consider zerk fittings.

·
RHD Jdm yo
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A long day with a press at most. Don't forget to consider zerk fittings.
zerk fittings are always a must. 949 has the layouts so you dont have to mess with goofy placement. ill sandblast and paint also, so itll take a lil longer. might as well do it all right?

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
zerk fittings are always a must. 949 has the layouts so you dont have to mess with goofy placement. ill sandblast and paint also, so itll take a lil longer. might as well do it all right?
Mhmm. There are a couple places where zerks are difficult to place. Buy some 90* and 45* 6mm zerks at the hardware store too. Might help for clearing the subframe in a few areas. Pretty straight forward though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts