ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I will make this rather short and sweet seeing I am sure that everyone is sick of sway bar threads.

When I got my Miata I was looking to get back into drifting but now I want to go grip. Through the downtime of the engine build I came across quite a few deals and collected some parts but now with the direction change I don't know if it's optimal and would like your opinions:

~ 1994 1.8
~ Megan EZ Streets 8KG/6KG (Came with Car)
~ Full ES Poly Bushings
~ Racing Beat Tubular Front
~ 949 Adjustable Endlinks
~ FM Butterfly Brace
~ Boss Frog "Frog Arm" Fender Braces
~ Beatrush Front "Strut" Bar
~ 15x9 6UL w/ 225/45 BFG Rivals
~ Rollbar & likely a Torsen soon to come.

This is on a heavily spirited daily driver with a driver who likes to take corners quick. I would like to hit a few track days on the weekend and be competitive but would just be for fun. I owned a locked rear differential 240sx for 5 years and would prefer slight oversteer vs any understeer.

I have a solid 19mm 3 way adjustable Suspension Technique rear sway bar that I bought used when I was planning to drift. Since I am no longer doing that should I follow suit and go no rear or do you think the softest setting on the ST Rear would support the front without being too loose for comfort? I found this link on Solomiata but my bars are both a little larger than the graph shows and I still can't say if it sits at "slight oversteer" or if I am spinning.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Without a torsen no rear bar may be a little easier to put the power down on corner exit. The best solution is to get a torsen and run a rear sway from a msm. That is a pretty good balance to your rb sway.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input so far guys. I just didn't want to go reselling parts that may have worked okay after all. Should I bother keeping the rear pair of adjustable endlinks if I go with a different OEM bar?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Keep the end links. Their main purpose is to correct the sway bar if you lower the car. Also if you decide to run the msm rear sway they are needed to put an NB bar on an NA.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Keep the end links. Their main purpose is to correct the sway bar if you lower the car. Also if you decide to run the msm rear sway they are needed to put an NB bar on an NA.
Haha, I know the purpose but was just wondering if i'd just go stock with the rear too but if theyre required if I go NB bar anywayyy then that solves that. Thanks for your help on clearing that up for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts