ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my FM Sways in yesterday and got them installed today. The rear sway bar bracket bolt sheared off when I was tightening it!
I ended up breaking one off on each side! :cry2::fp:

I am wondering if it is okay to run the sway bar like this? I shook the bar back and forward to see if it is loose and it seems okay. But the bolts look like it is fixed in there so I didn't want to try to force it out just yet. Any ideas?

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
I broke one too lol. Damn bolts are a POS. I was barelly even torquing it.

I then remembered we don't really need a rear bar, and pulled it off. I have no body roll with only my front hollow RB bar. Seems to ride a bit nicer, but the rear end is harder to kick out now.

·
Registered
104 Posts
You can run it with just one nut on there but it will be compromised, other stud may break in a matter of miles. Best thing to do is drill out the remaining stud and use a nut and bolt, or take the rear bar out like 1vic did.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Major motivation for removing it was chatter over bumps on the side with the broken bolt. That bracket clanking on the subframe was annoying as hell.

·
Registered
716 Posts
No rear bar with my FM front bar at full stiff feels good to me. But I'm not running stock spring rates. Drill it out.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am running tein basic coil overs. So full stiff FM front bar will feel the same without the rear ones? Right now I have the fronts and rears at full stiff.

·
Gang-Ban Organizer
2,720 Posts
put a punch on the snapped off stud and hammer it out...easy...

i've had bolts and nuts on rear sways on 2 of my miatas now.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I am running tein basic coil overs. So full stiff FM front bar will feel the same without the rear ones? Right now I have the fronts and rears at full stiff.
Basics, full stiff front FM bar, no rear sway feels great on my 99. It's all about driver preference. Give it a try.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I tried but it was making too much noise in the neighborhood, I just took off the rear sways but I will try again if it can be punched out.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts