ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm looking for options for my rear taillights on my NC, I'm not a fan of the Lexus look lights, I'd much prefer a simpler design...

Here is my current look

What I tried for a while, "Lamin-x smoked covers" but they were too dark for me...

I tried some red film also after this, as Lamin-X does not have red available yet, but it would not bond correctly due to the curvature on the light surface even after heating the film when applying...

Now ideally this is what I would like to get but I cannot find a source for them, they are called Monocraft MH1 taillights...I would like to get them in "Sunlight Silver" color...

I'd certainly appreciate any options or how to source the Monocraft ones from a trusted seller/vendor...
Thanks...

Here is a pic of my car from the front...

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Yeah, call one of the forum sponsors, they can special order those from Japan. Metro-Motorsports, Rspeed, MiataRoadster, or Fuji-Racing. They all have sources in Japan.

Also, buy yourself a HyperREV book # 111 that has a TON of aftermarket parts for the (NC) 3rd gen Miatas. Any of those listed forum sponsors will have those books in stock or can order them for you.

PhatMiata

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Looking real good there pdxa4. I especially liked the red film. Hopefully one day someone will make a molded film that will lay right against the lens and adhere properly. The monoCRAFT lights can be purchased from AUTOBACS SEVEN Co., Ltd group stores such as AUTOBACS and Super AUTOBACS via one of Club Roadster's trusted sponsor vendors. We've chosen them to be sponsors because of their outstanding reputation, commitment to our hobby, and ability to obtain virtually anything your heart desires from Japan. Each sponsor has their own section of the forum. They can also be acccessed via the Links section under Sponsors.

·
Registered
252 Posts
try contacting rockblocker about making a red film for you. they make a good product. You could also just spray tint them yourself. Or Open them up and paint the chrome black.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I know a lot of VW and BMW guys get their tail lights painted with a light coat of red or black paint to achieve desired results.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
check out rock blocker they make colored film to cover your lights and it protects them :)
Thanks,
Yea I checked them out already, but they currently only offer smoked or charcoal color for the taillights. I had a email from Lamin-X that they are working on a red protectant film for the rear taillights, hopefully it is out soon...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know a lot of VW and BMW guys get their tail lights painted with a light coat of red or black paint to achieve desired results.
Yep this is something that I considered, but I really don't want to touch my stock taillights (for future resale reasons) with paint. The film option is pretty easy or else a aftermarket replacement unit is what suits me best.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking real good there pdxa4. I especially liked the red film. Hopefully one day someone will make a molded film that will lay right against the lens and adhere properly. The monoCRAFT lights can be purchased from AUTOBACS SEVEN Co., Ltd group stores such as AUTOBACS and Super AUTOBACS via one of Club Roadster's trusted sponsor vendors. We've chosen them to be sponsors because of their outstanding reputation, commitment to our hobby, and ability to obtain virtually anything your heart desires from Japan. Each sponsor has their own section of the forum. They can also be acccessed via the Links section under Sponsors.
Thanks for the response...I will contact some of the sponsors to see if they can find the Monocraft lights for me, fingers crossed...

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
im not a fan of the new miatas tail lights, but a solid red film kinda like the one you showed would be sick

1 - 16 of 16 Posts