ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a contact in the SF Valley area for a reasonably priced tow service? Need to move my car from Moti's place in Northridge to Eagle Rock, about 21 miles. Must know how to be gentle on Miatas.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I don't know if this is an option, but a Uhaul trailer is $54.95.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do have AAA, but they still want $155 to go 21 miles.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I am in the towing business in Georgia everyone has the same bauxite fees, a $50-75 hook up and about $2 per mile. If you want cheap find a friend with a truck and rent a trailer.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I do have AAA, but they still want $155 to go 21 miles.
I am in the towing business in Georgia everyone has the same bauxite fees, a $50-75 hook up and about $2 per mile. If you want cheap find a friend with a truck and rent a trailer.
Friend blown his engine running SOW a few weeks back.

I called AAA, $7/mile plus fees to tow it back to LA (105 miles one way), thats ~$800. Can't upgrade until after 1yr membership. We called around, went to uhaul and got a truck with trailer for $270 (one way) total, done deal.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Friend blown his engine running SOW a few weeks back.

I called AAA, $7/mile plus fees to tow it back to LA (105 miles one way), thats ~$800. Can't upgrade until after 1yr membership. We called around, went to uhaul and got a truck with trailer for $270 (one way) total, done deal.
Ouch!

·
Supporting Member
187 Posts
Wow I cant believe AAA owns people with those prices if you arnt a premium member. Luckily I joined years ago on my parents policy. Ive been a member longer than ive been alive and i think it costs about 30$ a year for 3 tows up to 100miles each... maybe you can join someones policy that has already had it for a while.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
If you were in the Stockton area I'd recommend Angkor Tow. They picked me up from the freeway with a blown tire and towed me ~30 miles including a stop at the bank to pull out cash for $60. The guy got my car on the truck with no scraping as well which was surprising considering how low I am and with a popped front tire.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually AAA won't let you upgrade if you've had the car towed in the last year. Dang.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts