ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just picked up a Recaro SPG seat from someone but didn't come with rails.

Someone mentioned to me once that the Bride R002LF miata rails will fit on the recaro spg. can anyone confirm this ?

also, im looking for a retailed in the LA area for this stuff or even miata stuff..... is there a shop somewhere in LA that carrys miata parts in stock....

Scott

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, well i actually just found out that the recaro, bride, and sparco side mount are spaced the same from a friend. 11 3.8". so the side mounts are all the same and interchangable.

also found a person in LA who made custom side mount brackets to mount the stock sliders on those seats, which makes the seat lower for us taller people and also gives us the ability to use the stock sliders and not have it hit the transmission tunnel as many other aftermarket sliders do.

as soon as i get my seat fitted ill take some photos of it for you guys and ask my fabricator if its ok to direct more customers from cr.net

btw, hes going to charge me $75 for the whole dealio.

Scott

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
update !

well for those of you who sat in my seat today. i was using these homemade rails with stock sliders, which had a pretty decent amount of travel on them..

im 6' and i sat far enough from the steering wheel that it cleared my knees fine. im thinking about copying the design out of angle iron and making some brackets... its not that hard, but the correct fitment is a biotch due to the goofy way the rails fit in there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Recaro SPG, nice!
Which year model miata do you have?
Does the seat have any fitment issues? like rubbing on the doors or transmisison tunnel?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts