ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a set of brake pads and brake lines. This is strictly a street car so I don't need anything ridiculous but something a bit more sporty feeling would be great. Any suggestions? Also, on the same note if anyone has any recommendations on where to order these parts, that'd be great. Thanks.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Stainless steel braided lines, new fluid, semi-aggressive street pads like Axxis or Posi Quiet sells.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,421 Posts
I know you want to have fun and "upgrade" but I say stick with all OEM (JDM?). The brake lines on you car now are probably original, and look how long they have lasted. The OEM green pads have great stopping power and don't give off a lot of dust, so your wheels stay cleaner longer. And Bleed your brake system at least once a year.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts

HPS Street Compound
The Hawk HPS pads feature are an excellent street brake compound that provides an ideal upgrade over an OEM-type pad. Much improved stopping power over OEM and standard replacement pads, these pads offer low dust, low noise, minimal rotor wear, and reasonable pad wear. Well-suited for daily driving and spirited performance driving.

These brake lines combine the stiffness of a Teflon liner with a tightly woven high tensile strength stainless steel outer sheath to both eliminate brake line swell and significantly improve the firmness and "feel" of braking. This results in better brake modulation and the secondary benefit of increased abrasion resistance and temperature capacity.

available @ www.racingbeat.com

·
2,708 Posts
SS brake lines are overhype and will not last longer then OEM ones. If you insist on SS lines, understand that there's 3 different ratings according to DOT standards. I'm at work right now, but I have the information bookmarked at home. I would skip the SS lines unless you like car shows.

And that planetmiata deal is awesome.

And if you are impatient like me, you can get Hawk pads at the local PepBoys.

·
Speed Tribe OG Member
4,628 Posts
If it is the feel your after, I noticed the most change when I added the SS lines. The pedal felt tighter. On hot days my brake pedal used to feel real spongy. which was due to the OEM rubber lines expanding. Again this was a feel thing only, I did not notice any more stopping power. The stopping power came when I changed from OEM to Axxis Ultimates pads. My friend also changed to Hawk HPS and they also felt really good. These pads are about the same, so which ever you could get a deal on, get those.

·
4,436 Posts
Just picked up some Maruha SR-27's. Also Carbotech is recommended. Dont waste your $$$ on the stainless lines - unless you want the bling. I think you can spend your money better on pads than the lines (IMO).

http://www.maruhamotors.co.jp/parts/sr27.htm

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Ultimates, but forget braided lines; if necessary, get new OE lines. Get a master cylinder stopper. If you make a stopper, make sure is a really strong design.

·
Registered
517 Posts
These brake lines combine the stiffness of a Teflon liner with a tightly woven high tensile strength stainless steel outer sheath to both eliminate brake line swell and significantly improve the firmness and "feel" of braking. This results in better brake modulation and the secondary benefit of increased abrasion resistance and temperature capacity.
Brake line swell is a myth. http://autospeed.drive.com.au/cms/A_2679/article.html I got to read the rest of that article before they started asking money for it. From what I remember their results were that rubber lines swelled either a couple hundredths or a couple thousandths of an inch. Braided lines were marginally better.

·
Registered
138 Posts
EBC Yellow stuff pads are fantastic on my friends ST205. Theyre made from a different compound now, so they work from much cooler temps than before.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts