ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of years ago I had an overwhelming urge to buy an Mx5 / Miata and after some research I decided to buy a NB as I thought I wanted the extra comfort that I had read came with an NB. Although I loved the car I always sort of regretted not buying a NA as I had started enjoying reading the retro / vintage threads.

Fast forward a few months and my wife became pregnant and she decided that an Mx5 wasn't a suitable family car (who knew?). My wife told me to go out and get a 'sensible' family car with isofix so I came back with this (which she hated just as much as the MX5)

I really enjoyed the speed and power this car has and putting my foot down always put a smile on my face but the mpg didn't. Despite the speed and comfort of the WRX it still didn't excite me like the mx5 did and I never got over the need to own an mx5.

So through constant moaning I managed to convince my wife that it would be a good idea to let me get a Red NA which she agreed to. So after a few weeks I found an excellent example of a Red NA just up the road from me in Bath. A few minutes later I handed over the money and I was back in an Mx5.

Due to having a 3 month old my budget is tight and having very little mechanical skill and talent will also slow progress but my eventual goal is to have a retro themed tasteful racer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found out my wife was pregnant 2 days after I bought my NA. I understand the dudget limitations. Good luck!!!
Congrats mate, have you had the baby now?

Agreed, it definitely has an effect on money you can spend on what my wife describes as 'unnecessary' updates. I knew I would not be able to convince her at this moment to let me buy new wheels and the wheels on my NA were in pretty shocking condition. Therefore, I decided I would do some research and attempt to refurb the daisies myself.

First I started by sanding them down as best I could before adding 3 coats of primer.

Then I added 3 coats of silver wheel paint and 3 coats of clear lacquer

I am really pleased with the way they have come out considering I have very little talent or skill in this area, just wished I had masked the tyres a little better but they will do until next year when I can replace them.

Also added an offset plate

1 - 3 of 3 Posts