ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every once in a while I'll hear about people redrilling a 4x114.3 bolt pattern to 4x100 and vice versa........does anyone know how to do this? I sure you would have to take it somewhere to get it done professionaly but does anyone know where and how much it costs? Sorry, this might be a dumb question but it's just something that I've never really understood. Anyone?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Most people say dont do this, I usually agree because alot of wheels have a pretty big centerbore and dont leave enough meat for a safe lug seat. but SOME wheels do, and it can work... I ran a set of redrilled ssr's for a week inbetween sets of wheels, they worked fine for daily duties but I didnt track them or anything, nor would I really feel safe doing it...

BUT

I dont know where your at but there are a few shops in south san diego that redrill wheels. its usually about 30$ per depending the amount of work.

most of the time they "redrill" by making the existing holes oblong. the shop usually has a jig and just lines up the bolt holes.
http://thewheelsmith.net/wheelsmith2/Wheel_Drilling_System.html

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info sid.....yeah, it seemed like it would be kinda skechy but I just wanted to see if anybody knew anything more about it.

Damn, there's just so many beautiful 4x114.3 wheels out there that are perfect sizes and dirt cheap......it's driving me crazy! :cry:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts