ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so koni sports have an adjustable "circlip" that allows me to make a very small adjustment to my car's height by moving the spring perch up or down on the shock body.

ok
easy to understand the concept. and i know i've read somewhere on the internet about someone having a notch machined into the shock body to allow for more adjustment.
anyone ever do this with their konis (or other adjustable perch shocks)? i've been thinking hard about this one, and it works in my mind. anyone care to burst my bubble? what would the limits be for this?

i was thinking about having this done, and probably getting some megan lowering springs. i figure with this setup, i can probably get a moderate slam.
for sure something better than my monster truck height.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
you remove bump travel when you lower the clip, coupled with lower springs and the car will ride worse...which is crazy considering how shitty konis already ride.

summary: You'll want the circlip on the top notch with lowering springs. Also, I'd only go with FM springs for lowering springs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
circlip on top notch even with fm springs will probably not close my wheel gap.
currently on the middle notch and there like 4 inches of gap

prolly have to wait for some coils..

·
Registered
51 Posts
yes it can be done and ive done it. but i went the opposite way to get the car registered i had to raise it so i put it on the lathe and put a new groove in it to raise the suspension up. konis are rock hard anyway, better to just get racelands if your in the states.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no, i'm unsure of the springs. might be koni's as well or even stock, but i'm not certain.. but currently my rear is pretttty high (higher than stock i think)

how much of a drop would the fm springs with the konis on top perch give?

current:

the fronts not bad, but the rear makes me cringe..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
front springs on rear might be exactly my problem. didn't think about about that.
im going to try to find some rear springs. the front sits at a decent height, it's the back that bugs me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts