ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
meh, the guy that wins it will most likely never know that it's a fake, and most likely no one will know enoughto be able to spot it. He'll be happy, even though he got scammed.

Perhaps we should monitor the winning bidder of the auction, and after the fact send him a message over ebay and let him know he should file a claim for fraud

·
Registered
582 Posts
i don't the seller is clainming that it is a real mazdaspeed wheel. he mentioned "momo/mazdaspeed". this could mean anything. its all upto the buyer whether they will ask the seller if its the real mazda speed or the real momo steering wheel.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Who knows what it might be. It probably is a Momo Pilota (and not the Pilot wheel that boogie van has) given that it uses the standard 6-bolt Momo hub pattern. No matter as it's still a crap auction and I would run away if it were me. The seller has a poor description and the idiots bidding on it are paying way too much in my opinion. They are not getting good value for the money.

Auctions are a fluke like that. They can and often are used as a value guide and market barometer but more often than not something comes out of left field leaving even the experts puzzled as to why someone would pay so much for that, whatever that may be. I feel like an SCM auciton reporter who gets pissed when undeducated fools with more money than brains buys a Porsche 356B for $30,000 more than it's "worth" because they're at Barret-Jackson or something and then every chump seller who follows asks the same price for theirs and wonders why no one buys from them. They either get pissed and lower their price to a reasonable true market value or they wait until the next sucker comes along who doesn't know diddly squat. I watch auction trends heavily. In my experience the market works best for both buyers and sellers when provenance can be authenticated and values have a predictable and steady trend.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Wow, somebody got jacked.......... but as they say......... Let the buyer beware! :)

Also, iirc Mazdaspeed Japan is no longer going to sell aftermarket steering wheels. So anyone that owns one now, i would suggest you take good care of it! :mrgreen:

PhatMiata

1 - 11 of 11 Posts