ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in the days I remember seing a bunch of parts I don't see anymore. One of them that caught my attention the most was the Clearwater subwoofer. What happened to that part? Why did they stop selling them?

What aftermarket part do you miss the most and wish one of the vendors will sell again??

·
Registered
592 Posts
Vintage corner markers.
They were convex and had chrome surrounds. Not like the Roberts surrounds, the marker portion and the surrond were one unit with the colored lens protruding.
Very tasty and very expensive $350 IIRC.
Leni sold them, I have asked if he can get any more-well see when he gets done fishing.

M

·
0 Posts
M2-1028 said:
One of them that caught my attention the most was the Clearwater subwoofer. What happened to that part? Why did they stop selling them?
I have a Clearwater sub panel that I bought in 1997. In 2001, my car got stripped by vandals while in my garage. They pried one of the perforated steel grilles off the Clearwater but either gave up, realizing the speakers were bolted in from underneath and they'd have to remove the entire panel to get them out, or they heard someone coming and split before finishing their "job."

When I called the guys at Clearwater to order a replacement grille, they told me that a fire in their shop destroyed the mold for making the fiberglass subwoofer panel. They said at some point they wanted to re-do it and start making them again if there was a demand. But I guess they never got around to it.

BTW, the speakers that came in the unit were crappy generic drivers, not true subs. I immediately replaced them with OZ drivers, which I later sold. In my current batch of mods to my car, I have opened up the holes in the CW panel to fit larger diameter JL Audio 6W0 subs, filled in the CW logo that was molded into the panel (in HUGE writing!), had the back side sprayed with Rhinoliner for sound deadening, and had the fiberglass painted to match the body of my car.

Maybe if you start a petition on M.net for people to register their interest you can get them to make the part again. That's what I did to motivate AWR to make one-piece FRP front fenders for NAs:

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=168488

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those side markers are a MUST! to get. Leni Metro has a set on his silver miata.

Are these the one? If so, where is the best place to order one? Please point me in the right direction.

Perhaps Joe @ Rspeed can help.

$$$$$$Joe????? :?: :?: :?:

·
Registered
592 Posts
Those are it. Leni is fishing, I'll ask real nice when he gets back.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TrophyFodder said:
Those are it. Leni is fishing, I'll ask real nice when he gets back.
Don't even bother, a previous reply from him: "They are no longer made" I don't believe him. It is best to ask Joe @ Rspeed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts