ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I decided today that I was going to take off the stupid looking pinstripe on the Roadster. It didn't flow with the lines on the body, it was just straight...so it made the car look a lot less fluid than it really is.

It took a good 2 or 3 hours just to get them off and get all the sticky goo off that was left behind. I started scraping them off with my thumbnail but then switched to a credit card, which worked way better. To get the sticker goo off I picked up a sponge and some Goo Gone and just worked at it until it was all off.

I think it looks a lot better now...here are some before/after pictures:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Whatcha think?

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! Every time I look at it now it's completely different. It's really quite amazing how such a small thing can clutter up the lines of a car. It looks much more clean and simple now.

And not only that...I thought pinstripes were there to accentuate body lines? What's the point in putting a pinstripe on that's completely straight?

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
eh be careful with razor blade, its possible to damage paint, I can remove easily with just a heat gun and then I start peeling it

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
try some bug and tar remover...well in most cases that stuff smells just like wd-40 so use what you got. that should definately soften the stripe up enought to get it off with something other than a razor blade. I dont reccomend using a razor blade, use something with an edge that wont potentially cut into your paint. say, a creditcard like arcana mentioned.

nice sig arcana, tan top looks nice with bronze wheels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts