ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just recently removed my carpet due to a mold and mildew problem from numerous leaks. I heard a way to remove sound deadener is using dry ice. Does anyone know how to do it? Will it screw the metal at all?

Also If any one here has had a leak and can spot out where mine could be that would be awsome. Thanks.

Tim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
490 Posts
Get blocks of dry ice. 2 blocks or so, I'm not sure how much that is in pounds. I'd say 5 maybe? DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES touch it with your bare hands. Use gloves. Break it up over the sound deadening material (aka crap) and wait for a little bit. The crap gets really brittle and literally chips right off the metal when you smack it with a hammer. You can use a screw driver or putty knife to help chip it off and worst case is it scratches any paint in the interior a bit. Absolutely nothing bad happens to the metal, it gets cold. Cars get cold. At least where I'm at.

Dry ice is the absolute best method to remove the crap. If you are in a hot environment you may need a bit more dry ice than you think and don't worry about having too much, you can never have too much. When you're done the extra ice simply vaporizes. I recommend putting the top down and have some good ventilation. Dry ice is carbon dioxide after all. You don't want to accidentally suffocate yourself.

Good luck, and have fun.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top